Sunday, October 3, 2010

Perspective

Sometimes I feel as if the best parts of me have been chipped away. Over the past several years I have been so wrapped in crisis after crisis that the hopes and dreams I carried seemed to drift away. That's not to say that I haven't had some truly beautiful times. The adoption of our little boy and the years that have followed have been so special. I love being a mom and I love this quirky little brown-eyed fella. But in all honesty, there have been some pretty tough years. And I, like so many of us, have been guilty of wallowing in a little self-pity and forgetting that there is more to me and more to God's plan for my life than the limited existence I have frequently found myself in. There is only so much daydreaming I can do about my former size 6 jeans, the dreams of lots of happy children playing in the back yard and all those hopes and dreams that seemed have been forgotten amidst the doctor's visits, hospital stays, church problems and simply the stresses of every day living.  Then again...there are some good parts of me that wouldn't be in place if I hadn't experienced the things I have...it's just learning to keep perspective.  You know? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *