Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What's New (with me)

Shew! Things are hopping over here in Beke's Life. Like how I capitalized the whole thing? It deserves a moment...it's that crazy! My life that is...Beke's Life.

We have officially started all of our busy homeschool year activities this week. Josiah took swim all summer, but we are adding something else to the mix this week and then in another 2 weeks something else. Some of my friends are twice as busy as we are with their homeschool. I just can't do it all. I've got to school the boy at some point...and do our church ministry stuff...and sleep.

To top it off I am now a new designer with Celebrating Home. It is a lovely little company that sells all sorts of lovely things. I will be the first to admit. I am a terrible salesperson. Just ask Avon (my first attempt at sales). Though I doubt they cared..I bought more than I sold. But times are tough and this girl needs to help put groceries on the family table. Besides I'm a fan of Celebrating Home. They have the best "Beanpots." Warning: I am going to now give you a "spiel." If you live near me and would like me to come to your house with cute stuff and fix you and your friends a yummy meal and have the opportunity to get free products...call me...message me on FB. I will come do this for you.

I am also whipping up a batch of aprons for some ladies at my mom's work. I am not the best seamstress, but I do whip up a cute apron. And there are a few other secret projects that I can't speak about as of yet...I am Industrious! At least that is what I tell myself.

So with all of this craziness it is a wonder that my weight loss journey hasn't fallen by the "weigh" side (snicker). As If! I actually have lost (drum roll, please) 45 pounds as of today!!! That is a few of my nieces...put together. I still have a long way to go, but man does this feel good. It also has caused a clothing crisis. How does one not loose 45 pounds and not have a clothing crisis? Another reason I had to find another source of income...Beke Needs Threads! Don't you love how I am talking about myself in 3rd person?

I want to write a little bit (in the very near future) about losing weight on a very limited budget. We are a nation of quick fixes. We want a magic pill and sometimes we are willing to pay whatever it takes for that pill. I understand. I used to pray that I would wake up one morning...minus 100 pounds. Food that is good for us cost more (or so we say)...We can't afford a gym membership...If we had personal Chef's like Oprah we could lose weight, too. You can't tell me nobody but me has thought any of those things. But I am hear to tell you it is possible to be broke, on a budget and lose a lot of weight...without starving and without extreme exercise. So stay tuned for future posts. I used to want to write a book "You Skinny People Shut Up" (respectfully, please). Simply ranting about how the world is filled with skinny people trying to educate the "fluffies" about how to live and lose weight...not knowing what it is like to live in this fat suit. And don't get me started on the quick fix health trends. Wow! Beke needs to go work off some angst (there I go with the 3rd person stuff again). My new book goes something like this "I Did It! So There!"

Anyhoo. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *