Saturday, January 12, 2013

Paper Bag Popcorn

Happy Weekend!

It's a not-so-lazy weekend here. I've got more to do than I'm willing to admit and "they" are calling for a chance of wintery weather. Which wouldn't be so bad except we are getting to drive my "parental unit's" home for our other job (as their associate pastors). They live a little over an hour away. So before I get up to pack my church shoes I thought I would share with you my new/old snack.

I know. I'm confusing. Let's just say I have started preparing this snack in a new way.

It's Popcorn! And I've been popping it up in a simple brown paper lunch sack in the microwave.


And this! This is marvelous! It's white cheddar popcorn seasoning. They make it all sorts of flavors and persuasions, but this is my favorite. It only as 2 (2!) calories per serving. I feel like I'm getting a treat.

Popping popcorn in the microwave is not a new trick, but popping it a brown paper bag is not only healthier (not all those additives and extra oils from microwave popcorn bags) it just tastes fresh.

Here is how I do it.

In a brown paper bag I add 1/3 cup of popcorn, just a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of salt. I turn the top of the bag over a few times and shake it all up to distribute the oil. You don't even have to use olive oil. I am not afraid of a little olive oil and I think it makes the popcorn less chewy. I then pop it in the microwave for about 2 minutes. I don't use the popcorn button. It wasn't popping all of my kernels. Just use your judgement. I would set the the microwave for 2 minutes and wait until you hear a few seconds between pops. That means it's pretty much done. Take it out and enjoy! I shake on my seasoning after I pop it. Also, the bag will be a little oily. I always toss the popcorn in a big bowl.


Happy Popping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *