Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Rejoice! Even though it's Wednesday



It's Wednesday. And the forecasters are saying that we having a winter weather mess approaching.

Snow we can handle here. Mention two little words. Ice. Storm. And you've got all of us heading to the nearest Walmart stocking up on candles, batteries and chips. Nothing like an Ozarks Ice Storm. Most of us would barter out our first born for a generator. And I'm not kidding.

In the meantime, (although I don't think they are calling for an Ice Storm of the ages) I am doing my best to make sure we're ready. I'm charging up the Kindle and heading to the library today to make sure we have what we need to get by. After all, I've got my priorities right.

I woke up cold this morning. I don't know if I'm actually cold or if it's because there is ice in the forecast. I also woke up a bit overwhelmed. I'm considering petitioning for a national holiday.

It would be the "All the Mommas Take the Week Off Just To Catch Up" Holiday. Catch up on what? Well that would be up to the Momma. I personally need to catch up on more than I'm willing to disclose. Let's just say that I keep washing the same 3 pairs of underwear. And the same few spoons.

It probably wasn't a coincidence that when I downloaded pics from my camera this morning that I found the treasure above. Josiah never sings in public. Hearing him sing 10,000 Reasons at the top of his lungs made my heart glad.

He also took a few videos of himself playing Lego Star Wars, but that's neither here or there.

I have so many reasons to sing. To rejoice.

Today I'm starting over with a little rejoicing of my own. Bless the Lord, O My Soul!

1 comment:

  1. When you see your children burst into worship, you know that you must be doing something right. My little nephew sang "Learning to See the Light" for us the other day. It had the same effect.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *