I know! It's been a while since I've posted anything "Random." I know you've missed my ramblings about nothing in particular. It's the best part of your week, right?
Before I start (rambling), I want to take just a minute and address a very sad occurrence that has happened in my community. A young girl was taken from the street and murdered by a local coach. I can't even believe I am typing this and that I'm including it in my "Random" post. I tried to write a post about what had happened and my feelings, but I didn't think it was appropriate right now. Not that I don't have my opinion...but it's not my story. It is about a beautiful young girl and her family. I think it's going to be a long time before my community comes to terms with this. Things like this just don't happen here. We are all hugging our babies a little closer today. Would you please extend your prayers and thoughts to all of those involved?
Now that I've shared just a little of my heart...here we go!
1. Okay. So maybe I'm not done. I really think that we have to be careful not to make other peoples tragedies about us. Here me out. How many times do you see something happening around the world and out of the blue a certain "group" shows up seeking publicity for their cause. Are you kidding me? I'm worried that it's going to happen here. I would discourage such actions. You don't want to get a bunch of hillbillies riled. Just sayin'...
2. Speaking of hillbillies....My mom and I took a bit of a detour a few weeks ago in search of a Mennonite grocery store. It's a long story, but here is just a little taste of where the GPS lady led us.
Oh yes, she did! This picture is just one of many views we saw our on our journey. My mom made an adorable little video chronicling our trek, but I still need to upload it. I will share...I promise! I will say this. I was driving.
3. Next time, I'm thinking we should take my car. Not that Mom's little Geo Tracker didn't get the job done. But my car has a whole back seat full of stuff I need to get to the Goodwill. It has been this way since before Christmas. Don't judge me. It's been cold. It's not easy to be generous and industrious when you're cold. However. I was thinking that next time we get lost at least we would have supplies. No telling what I have back there in my donation bags.
4. I seldom get huffy. It's just not in my nature. I might have a "beef" with you, but you probably won't know it. There was an instance this past week, however, that almost "done me in." Okay. Here is the deal. When I go to the YMCA there are only certain machines I can use because of all the pins and screws in the lower half of my body. My favorite machine is called the "nu step." One day this week I went up during Josiah's Swim Team practice and a lady was using the "nu step." That's alright. I can share. I popped myself up on the treadmill and started walking. This is where it got hairy. The lady hardly used the machine at all! She was using it as a sofa to watch Dr. Oz on the big screen in front of her! Of the 30 minutes I was on the treadmill, she probably used the machine a total of 3 minutes. So. Do I say something? Do I politely recommend that she move over to the recumbent bike next door? Not me. After all, the world isn't going to end. Maybe she gets poor television reception at home? Maybe she can't do two things at once...like watch TV and exercise? It's no skin off my nose.
5. The Studly Muffin has jury duty this morning. He was originally scheduled for Tuesday morning. Then Wednesday morning. Now it's Friday morning (his day off) and he is sitting up at the courthouse with 186 other conscientious citizens. We had planned a day out. Instead I am forced to do housework and Josiah has to finish his homework for the week. Never fear. Our justice system is in good hands with The Muffin. He is wise. I'm all like "You people better just be nice! Don't try and tell me you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Next time do what your mama told you to do!" Can you tell I have just a few issues?
6. Apparently, I have StarKiller living at my house. One of Josiah's favorite Christmas presents has been a Star Wars video game he got from his Grandma and Papa Teague. The main character's name is StarKiller. Josiah has decided that StarKiller is an absolute fantastic name and therefore wishes to be called such. Whenever I have hollered at him (for various reasons), "Josiah," I hear this voice in the back...."It's StarKiller, Mom!" One of these days I am going to use this memory as a tool to my advantage. I'm thinking it will be a fun story to tell his college buddies..or future wife.
7. I have to share a funny story. This is not my story. It is Baby Sister's. She has a Random child. Baby Sister, herself, is not Random. Payge is Baby Sister's youngest child. She is a delightful nearly 5-year-old who among her other amazing qualifications can speak "dog." True Story. Just ask Payge. This past week the family was at supper. Paula (Baby Sister) and her dashing husband Greg were discussing something (I'm sure it was grand) and Payge pipes up in the middle of nowhere. "I thought we all had bangs?" The rest of the family just stops and turns in her direction. What? Where did that come from? There had been no discussion of bangs or any other hair issues. This is just further proof that no matter who you are and how well your head is placed on your shoulders...your children might just inherit your older sister's Fruityness. Just go with it.
That's all I have for today! My son has been making strange comments about apparently starving. Silly boy. He knows where we keep the peanut butter.