Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A TOS Review: War Room

We love snuggling up together on a Friday Night after Swim Team Practice in front of a good movie. We all have just a few different tastes when it comes to movies. The Muffin and Josiah love the Superhero movies. I’m drawn to the period pieces with grand musical scores and flowing dresses. Sigh. We also have a growing collection of Christian movies that encourage our souls and lift our spirits.  The movie, War Room, does just that. We were recently blessed with a chance to review this inspiring movie thanks to the folks from FishFlix.com.




FishFlix.com is a company that provides quality Christian movies and films.  They feature all manner of options for Christian families in the form of apologetics, Bible teaching, biographies, children’s entertainment and plenty of wonderful films that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Their selection is simply marvelous! They have something for everyone. 

We have been privileged to review other films from FishFlix.com, Unbroken and Do You Believe? Both were such great movies to introduce to our family. I knew that when a chance to review for FishFlix.com came open again I needed to be on the review team! I begged. I pleaded.



My first choice? WAR ROOM.





Apparently, I’m a good beggar. And pleader.

You might have heard about this movie. It created a huge buzz. The creators are the gifted Alex and Stephen Kendrick. They have produced, directed and starred in some of our favorites. Courageous, Facing the Giants, Fireproof.

War Room introduces us to the Jordan family, Tony and Elizabeth. They are a super successful couple with a beautiful daughter. Tony works for a pharmaceutical company and Elizabeth is a real estate agent. From all appearances they seem to live the American dream. However, we quickly find out that under the surface there is pain. Tony and Elizabeth have drifted apart and can’t seem to meet in the middle.

Enter Ms. Clara. She becomes one of Elizabeth’s clients. Ms. Clara introduces Elizabeth to her favorite room of her house; a closet with a single chair and a plethora of notes pinned to the walls. This is Ms. Clara’s War Room. Ms. Clara (obviously led by the Holy Spirit) begins to challenge Elizabeth to take back her home and her family. I won’t give anymore away.  This is one you need to see.

What We Thought 

First of all, I was so impressed with Priscilla Shirer. She is a wonderful speaker and Bible Teacher. She also is a wife and a mom of 3 boys. I did not know she acted! This performance was one that touched my heart deeply. This wasn’t just another acting roll. You could see the passion for God and His Word all over her performance.

T.C. Stallings had appeared in one of our other favorite Kendrick movies, Courageous. He does a superb job of playing of playing Tony. So much so that I just wanted to reach through the television screen and smack him! Ms. Clara is played by Karen Abercrombie. I don’t want to overshare about the movie, but there is a spot at the end that made this Pentecostal girl want to get up and do a Jericho March around the living room. If you attended any old timey revivals you will know what I’m talking about.

You know something? Life can get pretty discouraging. There are times I personally feel waited down by the cares of this world. There have been times that I have struggled in my faith and have let my circumstances overwhelm me. I think we all have had those times. This movie is one of those experiences that flamed my hope. It gave me a plan and a direction. It reminded me that I don’t have to sit by and let the enemy steal my joy.

Of course, The Muffin and Josiah LOVED, LOVED this movie. There is a great set of special features that are also included in this movie purchased from FishFlix.com.

I also need to tell you that there is a terrific giveaway being offered by FishFlix.com right now.  You can enter to win a 50-movie prize pack. This prize pack includes War RoomThe Ultimate GiftSuperbook: A Great AdventureMy Son, My Savior and Owlegories 2.  This is over $80 in DVDs! 

You simply need to join the email list through this link: https://www.fishflix.com/schoolhouse.  .

You can connect with FishFlix.com via the following social media outlets. Don’t forget to click on the banner to read more reviews! 





FishFlix.com Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *