Thursday, August 18, 2016

A TOS Review: FlipStir Puzzle

OOOO fun! There is nothing like puzzles. We’ve been known to spread a 1000 piece puzzle and work on it during those chilly days over our Christmas break. Recently, we had a chance to review a different kind of puzzle. It is the FlipStir Puzzle by Enlivenze LLC.  We are currently during a study of the Solar System so I asked for the FlipStir Solar System puzzle.




The instructions for the FlipStir Puzzles are straightforward.

Shake. Stir. Solve.

Sounds easy enough!



However (and you knew the “however” had to come eventually), there is a bit of a twist.  The puzzle includes 10 pieces. They are contained in a plastic cylinder with a lid that CANNOT BE REMOVED.

 You solve the puzzle by using a funky looking stick (wand) with a flat hook on the end.

The Level 2 puzzles, of which the Solar System puzzle is one of, have curved pieces.  This makes it just a bit more challenging.  Level 1 puzzles have straight sides and are easier to assemble.

The intended age for the puzzles is 7 years to adult. In our house, we had a teenager and a forty something gal working on it.

There are a few different puzzles available. 

Rainbow Pencils
Tyrannosaurus Rex
Statue of Liberty
Periodic Table
Solar System

I was the first one to try my hand at solving the puzzle.  It took me a minute to decide how it worked…and I had to look at a picture of the finished puzzle. It really didn’t take me too long to complete it, but I am persistent and have a bit of a puzzle solving brain.



Josiah then took over. He was fascinated by it. Within the first few minutes he said, “I think we need to try and find a way to get the pieces out!”  He worked on it for a bit longer then took it off to his room to “study it some more” (his exact words).

Josiah has always had difficulty solving big or complicated without help. He is dyslexic, so I am not sure if that has something to do with it or not.

But, he eventually conquered the day.

I think this is a fantastic product for sooo many reasons.



For one, there are no way you can lose the pieces. Can I get a witness? How frustrating is it to get to the end of a puzzle and have a piece or two missing!

These puzzles are also easy to contain. In fact, I threw the puzzle in my travel bag when we recently went on vacation. They also don’t take as much room up in the game closet.

They are also a terrific way to keep hands busy. I think they provide excellent fine motor control exercises.

I won’t sugar coat Josiah’s experience. He did struggle. Again. If your child struggles with a similar issue this puzzle will be a challenge. However, challenges are good for us. They teach us to persevere. I think those cozy days with the 1000 piece puzzles have paid off. 

This is a keeper! 


You can connect with  FlipStir via the following social media accounts. 


Don't forget to click on the banner below to read more reviews! 


FlipStir Puzzles Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *