Thursday, September 15, 2016

The Moving Diaries: Finding memories

We are still in the middle of packing it all up.

I seriously need a loooonngg nap.

I think one comes to the point while moving that you look around and think "Can't we just leave it all here?"

We made our final (maybe) trip out to our storage building on Tuesday. We have been going out once a week and going through things. Our storage building has been broken into 3 TIMES over the past few years. Besides making a mess, we think they snatched a bucket or two of Christmas stuff and our hand truck. I bet those unfortunate robbers were really disappointed when they started pilfering through our stuff. "What! Vintage China and Books? Who are these people?"

I know for fact that the guy who rents the storage building across from us stores vintage motorcycles and other, more profitable treasures. The deal is that they broke into ours 3 TIMES! I really can't see it being the same crew. "Let's go steal another box of Christmas lights!"

Anyhoo.

One of the treasures I came across (besides Josiah's baby clothes and  my wedding dress) was an autograph book I had when I was in Junior High. It's one of those books that also allows the user to record her favorite things.

When I was in 7th grade my favorite time of day was Noon. What? Why so specific Rebekah Allison?

When I was in 7th grade I liked to wear my penny loafers and twist beads.

My major accomplishment for the year was to clean my room. I wanted to be called Gwendolyn Raquel and marry Robert Redford. I don't even remember my infatuation with Robert Redford.

I also listed my favorite groups as Chicago, Wham (haha) and Petra. My TV shows were Dr. Who (yes!) and the A-team. And the man I most admire? Harrison Ford.

I was deep, ya'll.

It's fun to look back at my 13-year-old self. Oh the things I wish I could tell her.

In the meantime, I've got boxes to fill and more memories to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *