Thursday, October 27, 2016

CrossTimber (Homeschool Review Crew)

When we adopted a tiny baby boy back in 2001, we knew what we wanted to name him.

Josiah.

We had loved that name for years…And being that we had been married 10 years before we got to hold our baby in our arms, it was fitting that we named our son for a Godly king.

Recently, I had the wonderful opportunity to review a Personalized Framed Plaque with Name Meaning and Bible Verse from CrossTimber.



CrossTimber offers a huge selection of personalized gifts. Their products not only include the origin and meaning of a name, but they include a verse from the Bible.

I knew right away that I wanted to use this review for Josiah. A few years ago, he went through a phase that he truly disliked his name. For one, he hardly had ever met anyone with his name. Of course, I would point back to the Godly King Josiah from the Bible. It must be daunting for a young boy to live up to such a namesake. Our Josiah simply wasn’t impressed.

First, he wanted to be called Starkiller (don’t ask).

Then, he decided he might want to be called Peyton (he is a big football fan).

The last name he settled on was more acceptable. He wouldn’t hardly answer you unless you called him, “Joe.”

This past year has seen Josiah come into his name. He no longer reminds me to “call me Joe.”  In any event, when I was chosen for this review I decided that I would surprise Josiah with a name plaque for his birthday coming up in November.

Which means YOU CAN’T TELL HIM YOU KNOW WHAT HE’S GETTING FOR HIS BIRTHDAY!



So on to my experience with CrossTimber. I got a nice email from John at CrossTimber with the meaning of my name.

Rebekah {Hebrew}
United, Coupled, Connected:
Bride who Acts in Harmony with God's Leading
Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his Bride has prepared herself with the righteousness of saints, like fine linen, pure and bright. Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. These are the true sayings of God. Rev 19:7-9

You can’t know what this meant to me in this season of my life. We have just made a huge move to another pastorate in a new state. I have left my family and people I hold dear. I am often homesick, but what has given me hope is that I am following God’s Leading and supporting his calling as pastor and my own calling as a helpmeet.

The “bride who acts in harmony with God’s leading” is who I truly want to be.

John also came up with a meaning for our last name too! So fun!



The process of choosing exactly what I wanted was simple. There is an easy drop down menu that helped me narrow down what kind of background I wanted for Josiah’s name plaque.

There are literally hundreds to choose from.  There is something that will appeal to everyone on your gift list.  I decided that I would look at all the ocean pictures for Josiah. He is a competitive swimmer and I knew water would appeal to him. But then I remembered Josiah's fascination with the weather. From the time he was a little bitty boy he has been a great watcher of "sunsets." After browsing through the vast selection, I found the perfect picture. 

I also had the chance to pick what kind of frame I wanted. I clicked on the “artists choice” button. I figured either John or his wife, Katie, would put it in something that suited it best.

I also ordered Josiah a matching bookmark. It will be fun to stick in a stocking.

My order came in a timely fashion. In fact, I didn’t have to hardly wait at all. CrossTimber is located in neighboring Ohio. In any event, if you choose to order one of their fabulous personalized products, be sure to give them plenty of time.

Now onto the finished product. 



It is gorgeous! The colors are bright and beautiful.  It is also well-made and you can see that I was right in handing over the choice of frame to John and Katie. I can't tell you how pleased I am.  I know Josiah will love it and the meaning of his name.

Here is the bookmark. Isn't it beautiful? I think they did a fabulous job. It's also sturdy and will take a lot of book marking abuse. 


Now on to the fun part. From now until December 4th, CrossTimber is having a giveaway. Head on over there and enter! 

CrossTimber 2016 giveaway


You can connect with CrossTimber via the following social media outlets. Don't forget to click on the banner for more reviews. 


Personalized Framed Plaque with Name Meaning and Bible Verse {CrossTimber} Reviews
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *