Wednesday, October 12, 2016

MyFreezEasy (Homeschool Review Crew)

Getting supper on the table can be challenging! Years ago, when I was teaching school, going to college and assisting my husband (who was a youth pastor at the time), “made ahead”meals (like freezer cooking), saved my sanity. Fast forward a bunch of years and would you believe it? Life hasn’t gotten any less crazy. But it is still my goal to have healthy meals on the table. Recently I got to review a membership with MyFreezEasy. The MyFreezEasy.com Freezer Meal Plan Membership was about to make life a whole lot easier.





Erin Chase of $5 Dinners developed MyFreeEasy.  The promise is that you can have 10-12 meals in your freezer in about an hour. What I liked immediately about the meal plans is that they are made up of common items that I didn’t have to search high and low for.

With a membership you have access to 8 brand new meal plans each month.  These range from a traditional meal plan to even a gluten-free or clean eats meal plan. You have access to all the meal plans with your membership.



All the membership plans come with a shopping list, instructions and printable labels. There are also instructional videos, as well! Which I think is perfect for the new or curious cook.

As a reviewer, I got the Premium Annual Membership which allowed me to create my own meal plans from a ginormous selection of recipes.

How I Used It and My Thoughts

I browsed a little through the website initially. We eat pretty clean here at my house and I am a big believer of using what you have and buying what’s on sale. It was easy to do all that with MyFreezEasy.

Because of my unpredictable schedule, I also wanted to add a few Slow Cooker meals to add to the mix.

After browsing through the recipes, I simply used the drag and drop feature to create my own meal plan. I had most everything on my shopping list.

Each recipe comes with an ingredient list (as well as preparing the meal) as well as instructions for preparing two meals to go into the freezer. Isn’t that great? You get more bang for your buck.  One of the great things about MyFreezEasy is that I can use the ingredients I found on sale now and enjoy the meal in a month or so.

For example, someone from church gave us several packages of ground beef. I can go to MyFreezEasy menu building and pick out a few recipes that use ground beef. I can spend a bit of time in the kitchen and have meals in my freezer all ready to go.



For my first prep session, I picked out:

Slow-Cooker Butter Chicken
Cornbread Pork Chop Casserole
Chicken Fajita Bake
Lentil Chili
Sesame Beef Lettuce Wraps

Prepping all these dishes took me less than an hour. I am not kidding.

The instructions were clear. And by the end of that hour, I felt like I was queen of the world (or at least my kitchen). I had healthy meals in my freezer for my family.

Now I didn’t get pictures of all the meals I’ve made. My camera is still in a box somewhere and I had to make do with the camera on my phone. But, I did get a meal I pulled out the freezer just this week.

This is the cooked and ready to eat Chicken Fajita Bake. I did exchange fresh yellow bell peppers and onions for the frozen peppers and onions the recipe called for. I needed to use up the bell peppers in my fridge. It would have taken even less time if I had followed the directions!


Doesn’t this look yummy? My picture taking isn’t all that appetizing, but you can see I served it with brown rice and sprinkled some chopped cilantro on the top. My guys also had a dollop of sour cream with theirs.


Tonight I plan on sticking the Lentil Chili in the crockpot to eat after church.

If you are like me and want healthy, easy options for your family….go check MyFreezEasy out! You won’t be disappointed. 

You can connect with MyFreezEasy via the following social media outlets. Don't forget to click on the banner below for more reviews.

Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/freezeasy
Instagram:  http://www.instagram.com/freezeasy
Pinterest:  http://www.pinterest.com/5dollardinners/freezeasy


MyFreezEasy.com Freezer Meal Plan Membership {MyFreezEasy}
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *