Saturday, December 31, 2016

2017!




Well, buggers.

I'll just get this out of the way.

Some of those nasty health issues that I've dealt with from time to time have crept back up. No worries. I've got a plan, a good support system and lots of people praying for me.

I think more than anything it's interrupting the story I'm writing for my life. Or at least, it's adding a unpleasant chapter or two. Trust me when I say I've been through worse. It's just not where I want to be right now.

But what's a fruity girl to do other than pull her big girl skivvies up and move on with things?

One of the biggest changes in my life at the moment is this gnarly low sodium diet I've been put on.

My friends. I don't even know how to cook without salt.

Thus begins a new adventure for me.

There is some good news in all of this. I've lost weight! AND if I can keep my focus and stay on track I am confident that I am going to feel as good as new before too long.

In the meantime, please be patient with me.

I may not have the energy to keep up with everything. I might have to say no to things I might have jumped on in the past. I am trying not to whine about it. It's just the way it is.

2016 was a year of BIG changes for us. Our whole little existence was up and shaken around a bit. Even changes that are positive require adjustment and adaptation.

And let's be honest about this. 2016 was a STRANGE year all the way around.

So I've been thinking about some of my goals for 2017. I've decided that my attitude going into 2017 needs to be one of anticipation and expectation.

I want to write more. I still have that book in my head (and on a few scraggly pieces of paper). Who cares if only my momma will read it. She has good taste 😀

I want to make my health a priority. This means I need to plan and prepare. I need to say "no" to poor impulses and convenience. Taco Bell....You and I have to break up. Those bean burritos I am so fond of have over 1,000 grams of sodium for EACH lovely burrito. I am tired of swelling like a beach ball. You know what I mean.

Along with my eating habits, I also need to find my exercise groove again. When we moved, I left all of my work out habits behind at the "Y". I need to pick them again...even if that means being creative. I simply need to "move" more.

I want to find my joy in our homeschool experience again. We have simply been maintaining because of all the upheaval in our lives. I want Josiah and I to dig into the Word, explore history and new places, tackle those scary math concepts and continue to read great literature.

He has been a reluctant student this past year. I want my enthusiasm to become contagious. I need to find new ways to ignite his and MY passion for learning. If this means we bring out all the favorite books and travel into the Wardrobe once again...this is what we must do.

I want to continue to make my home a place of peace. I want all who walk through the doors to feel welcome and cared for. This, of course, will require a bit more laundry activity on my part. My boys require clean undies and socks from time to time. AND piles of laundry in my kitchen can't be too attractive for my guests.

I want to journal more, read the Word more, pray more...

I also want to continue to feed my creative soul. Thankfully, feeding creativity has nothing to do with fast food or pie. This MIGHT mean a few more trips to the Thrift Store.

And that, my friends, makes me happy.

For me, 2017 is going to be all about redeeming my time and seizing the day. I am going to savor those small moments and embrace my life as it comes. I am going to let God do the leading and trust that He has things all under control. I want to live a life of PRAISE and expectation.

So, my friends. What are some of your goals for 2017? Don't be shy.




2 comments:

  1. My prayers and wishes for a splendid year for you, dear friend--full of joy, life, healing, and laughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am looking foreword to a year when God redeems that time the locust have eaten. It's weird to be looking forward to exercise and eat at the same time isn't it? Maybe you'll find a few new favorite herbs you can season with instead of salt. :)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *