Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Master Kitz The Starry Night (A Homeschool Review Crew Post)

We love us some art. However, it can be difficult to find time or opportunity to sneak it into our day. And I always have such grand plans...but find I don't have what I need when it's time to carry out my "grand plan." We are winding down our reviews for this year and I am excited to share with you about this masterpiece. It's ALL about art and it's very grand indeed! We got to review Master Kitz The Starry Night from Kidzaw.com.



I had previously not heard of Kidzaw. Their mission is to expose budding artists to master painters in addition to making art fun and interactive. They have designed several neat kits to do just that. There are the Master Kitz, as well as the Master Sculpz. The kits are intended for ages 5 and up.

This Master Kitz is inspired by Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night.

Each kit contains EVERYTHING a student will need to create a masterpiece inspired by a great artist. For The Master Kitz The Starry Night we received:

3 acrylic paints
4 custom oil pastels
1 van Gogh roller
1 reusable Starry Night Cyprus Stencil
1 standard paint roller
2 sheets of deluxe art paper
1 "Mesmerizing Stars" sticker sheet
and a full-color poster of instructions, along with information about Van Gogh

All of these goodies came in a sturdy reusable box.




This was really an easy and fun project. It is recommended to cover your surface with newspaper or some kind of table covering and then tape down your paper. We used washi tape (because I have it in abundance). The art paper is really heavy duty. Which is a good thing. Josiah is an enthusiastic painter.  

Each step of the project was numbered and contained a detailed illustration as well as written instruction. I think is this benefits every style of learner...including the enthusiastic painter. 



I was surprised at how little time the whole thing took. For those of you who worry about taking time away from math and lunch...you need not fret! This is one of those products that does all the heavy lifting for you. And it gives satisfying results for such little effort. 



We did have a few hiccups. I was THRILLED TO SEE that the stencil was reusable. Unfortunately, it is made of stiff coated cardboard. I wasn't paying attention and starting rinsing it off and scrubbing on it like you would a plastic stencil.

Oops. Listen and learn, my friends. Don't waterlog the cute stencil. Josiah was also kind of heavy with the stickers. He wasn't gentle while peeling them away from the art paper. We won't be able to use them again. But at least we still have the rollers.

Despite all of that, we LOVED, LOVED this product and can't wait to order more. The finished product is really something special. I plan on framing it for Josiah. It really has that "WOW!" factor. As does all of the EXCLAMATION POINTS I am using during this review.

I'm feeling it today, my friends. This was a perfect project to do during the middle of a busy season of life. I also think these Master Kitz would make excellent Christmas presents. (hint, hint).  Josiah would like to try the Master Kitz The Great Wave next.

Check this company out! It's a keeper!




You can connect with Kidzaw via the following social media outlets. Don't forget to click on the banner to read more reviews. 


Twitter: https://twitter.com/kidzaw
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/kidzaw123?blend=1&ob=5


Master Kitz The Starry Night {Kidzaw.com Reviews}
Crew Disclaimer

1 comment:

  1. We are thinking of getting The Great Wave next as well. It's a favorite painting of my husband. And I also was a little heavy handed on the washing of the stencil/

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *