Thursday, March 28, 2019

My Favorite Scripture for Encouragment (plus printable cards!)

(Insert Big Sigh Here)

That's about the size of it. 

I've had the flu for the past week or so. Thankfully, I think I am on the way up. 

The flu is always nasty, but for those who have chronic conditions, it can be especially gnarly. It has been messing with my blood pressure. So this meant an extra couple of trips to the cardiologist's office and an increase in my medication. 

I've been trying to lay low. My trips out have been necessary. I needed some more reading material from the Library (don't judge) and The Muffin took me to Walmart so I could get some more of my favorite Prism colored pencils. 

All this laying low stuff requires supplies. I also seriously cut into my tea stash. Though my favorite hot drink this time around was a cup of my momma's Mexican Hot Cocoa Mix.  It came in my Christmas box. She made it with some sort of Mexican chocolate powder. It's spicy enough to clear out any sinus congestion, yet it's chocolate. Need I say more? 

The flu certainly rearranged my plans for the week. We had to postpone a Family Fun Fest at church. I had to cancel Ladies Bible Study here at the Parsonage. I also failed to get out a few projects that I had been working on. 

I meant to have this one out some time ago. 

I thought I would share my favorite Scriptures for encouragement. During Ladies Bible Study over coffee one Wednesday morning, we talked about how God's Word has carried us through the tough times. They talked about rising early and putting first things first. Digging into well-worn Bibles. The pages familiar and certain. 

We all had Scripture that had brought us through the storms. These were inspired Words that brought truth, and hope, and life. 

Mine is a simple list and most likely familiar.

Psalm 126:5
Psalm 30:11
Psalm 147:3
John 16:33
Psalm 46:1-3, 7
Psalm 16:8
Isaiah 41:10
Psalm 91:4
Isaiah 40:31
Isaiah 43:2
Luke 12:6-7

They are mostly from the Psalms. Probably because they sound like poetry and bring me encouragement. 

I like to have them written down around me. I carry them around with me. I use them as bookmarks and place them in strategic spots in my house. 

And because I am just a little extra, I like them to look pretty. So I created a couple of pages of cards to print out, cut, and enjoy. 





And I'm sharing them with you. 

Click on the links below. They will take you to my Google Drive. Print and enjoy. Just a note: They are labeled 3-5 to distinguish them for the last set of cards I made. You can find those here






No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *