Monday, March 9, 2020

A Bucket List (of sorts) 30 Day Blogging Challenge

It's Day 12 of my 30 Day Blogging Challenge. I almost didn't get this one in this evening.

Because Daylight Savings.

That is all.





Today I am revealing my Bucket List.

I honestly have never created an official bucket list. I am a more "life today" kinda girl. Probably because there have been a few days I thought I might not survive.

I am not trying to be a "debbie downer" but those kinds of days make you think a little differently.   I don't want to spend my whole life in anticipation of big events and big dreams.

I want to make today count.

I want to savor small moments.

I am also unbelievably unambitious.

So my Bucket List isn't going to involve in sky diving, trips around the world or climbing the highest peaks in the world.

For one...it sounds EXHAUSTING. And there are some things I would have to consider.

Would I have a good place to stay? I don't need much. Maybe good Wifi, good air conditioning, and a poshy bathroom.  Camping on the side of a snowy mountain sounds miserable.

And, really. Is hurling your body out of a plan entirely necessary unless you are involved in an international top-secret rescue mission or invasion.

But if you enjoy a quiet night at home with a book and a cat...then I'm your girl.

So what's on my bucket list? I do have a few ideas.

I want to go somewhere to the beach. I want to get a little cottage close to the water. I would spend a good number of hours parked somewhere comfy with a stack of books that I have never read.

I want to go on a real vacation with my family. Where nobody knows my name and we can spend our days exploring museums and eating at places we don't see at home.

I would like to see one of the Eight Wonders of the World. My choice would be Macchu Pichu in Peru...but I'm not picky. Of course, this would involve leaving my cat for more than a few days so I would have to think about this one.

I want to write a real book...one that has a beginning, a middle and an ending. I am not sure what I will write about yet. I am doing good just to ramble for 30 days during this blogging challenge.

I want to walk in a 5K. This is a bigger deal than one would think. I have artificial parts in my legs and hips. But I can at least try.

I want to crochet a beautiful delicate blanket for my bed. I am currently learning to crochet (again) from a sweet lady at church.

I want to learn to make the perfect pie crust that never fails. My baking tends to be a hit or miss situation. I would like to hit that pie crust 100% of the time.

I would love to go back to school. Not sure what I would do once I got started. That is another thing to ponder.

You can see that I have a few things on my Bucket List that are more immediately achievable than others.

For now (while I work on my granny squares), I want to continue to work through my everyday goals.

Have I told my guys that I love them?

Have I filled my heart and mind with soul-quenching words?

Have I been kind?

Have I been good to myself with food and exercise?

Have I enjoyed something fulfilling and beautiful?

That's all for this evening, my friends. Talk to you tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *