Saturday, October 24, 2020

Is It The Rona?

I MIGHT have the Rona. 

As I type this, I am waiting for the Health Department to text me with the results of my test. 

To be honest, I will be surprised if I have it. I really don't feel all that poorly. I'm in the high risk category and have spent the last several months trying to avoid the rest of y'all. 

The test was an adventure in itself. Now don't get me wrong. I am well acquainted with a good ole medical procedure. This girl is not afraid of the pain. After all, I have had traction rods screwed through my legs with only a little lidocaine to help.

But that stick up the nose. I HATE stuff sticking up my nose. I think the nice nurse was trying to dig around for what few brain cells I have left. 

After that 15 seconds of blessed bliss was over, she popped the specimen into a little tube with my name and serial number and told me that I would find out if I had the dreaded Rona in 3-5 business days.

I really don't mind being stuck in the house at this point. I can entertain myself quite easily. I'm also introverted enough that it takes a whole lot for me to long for human interaction. 

I have a cat. I have Diet Coke. I have access to fresh reading material. 

If I didn't have such a headache, I would call it "easy living." 

In the meantime, I'll keep googling "seasonal allergies versus The Rona" every half hour and checking my phone for new messages from the Health Department. 

What a crazy time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *