Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Organizing 101

Well, we're 5 days into a New Year. I don't quite feel like crawling back into the old year, but so far 2011 has proven to hold some new challenges...or maybe the same challenges...just packaged differently. For one, I received a bit of news from the doc today I didn't expect. Not to worry, nothing life threatening...I've had enough of those. But something I wasn't expecting. It's to soon to see how it will all play out.

One of the resolutions I have for the New Year is to make most of our small apartment and organize myself. This is akin to training a box turtle to quote Shakespeare. I have started on the most challenging projects first, The Dreaded HomeSchool Cabinet. So far I've thrown away a few crumbled up Post-Its, a dried up Sharpie and Church Bulletin from September. My particular issue is distraction. Here is a senario.  I decided to gow through a closet. It's not too bad, really. I have far fewer clothes than The Studly Muffin (given that he has held onto everything since his college days...almost 23 years ago!) and it's mostly a matter of stuffing back...in an orderly manner...everything that has spilled out. I come across an old paperback Agatha Christie novel and suddenly I'm propped up against the closet door lost in some sort of murder mystery involving afternoon tea and arson.  I really need Baby Sister to come and boss me around. She is really good at organization and the Bossy thing suits her.

Anyhoo, another issue is the matter of the pick-up truck. And the issue is that we don't have one. Our little storage building is in another town and it's kind of hard to strap too much to the top of my Buick.  I've thought about duct taping Josiah to the top a few times and then decided against it. 

As you can see, this is one Resolution I am quickly talking myself out of. I wonder how much one of those professional organizer people would charge? Then I would feel like I would have to organize myself before she or he came over to organize!

Sigh. It's always something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *