Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trash or Treasures?

So it's Day 6 of the New Year. And I am knee deep in organizing the Dreaded HomeSchool Cabinet. Help! I need an intervention! Already I have found several resource books I forgot I had and have spent a good portion of the morning thumbing through them. Then I found an old notebook I made in 8th grade for an English project titled "My Autobiography"...I was pretty dramatic and fruity even back in those days...and spent  a few minutes blubbering at the pictures I had included in that 8th grade notebook of my Grandma Polly and my Uncle Michael, who have both gone on to be with Jesus. After that I found an old Smithsonian magazine featuring the artist James Audubon and I started sketching out a lesson plan to include an artist study in some of Josiah's school work. So just a few hours into it I have managed to create a few piles on the floor, put 3 or 4 books in the box for storage and have thrown away some faded construction paper (which was really hard to do).

Meanwhile, as I was deep in the organizational haze, Josiah kept "rescuing" treasures from the trash. At one point he had a few old index cards, a mangled Guidepost and a plastic knife sitting on his lap. When I asked him what he was going to do with it all he said, "Who knows? Maybe create something? Read something?" Yep. He's my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *