Tuesday, March 8, 2011

108 Things About Me

I can't sleep. So what's a girl to do? Blog! And here is a complete nonsense blog. I read another blog that had posted 100 Things About Me. I had to go further with the nonsense and write 108 things. When I got to 100 I found I wasn't done talking. Typical.

108 Things About Me
1. I was born in Managua, Nicaragua

2. I don’t remember it. I was just a baby when we left.

3. It was the coolest thing about me when I was little.

4. It was hard getting much of any kind of driver’s license/permit. The only documentation I had that I was even born was in Spanish.

5. I don’t know how to speak Spanish.

6. I took two years of Spanish in High School.

7. I know how to ask for the bathroom and ask you “what’s happening.” In Spanish. That’s about it. Oh. And I can count to 10. But that might be because of Sesame Street.

8. I am the oldest of 3.

9. I am not quite the bossiest of my 3 siblings.

10. When I was younger we lived way out in the woods.

11. Almost like Laura Ingalls Wilder.

12. Except we had TV.

13. Barely. We got PBS and NBC, exclusively.

14. I knew more about the mating habits of certain water mammals than most girls my age.

15. That is what comes from watching PBS.

16. I know how to gut a chicken.

17. And can my own vegetables and preservatives.

18. I also know how to sew.

19. See. Laura Ingalls Wilder.

20. My Dad is a pastor.

21. He is also a genius.

22. I didn’t inherit those genes.

23. My mom is an artist.

24. I didn’t inherit those genes, either.

25. When I was little I won several writing contests.

26. I didn’t want to be a writer when I grew up.

27. I wanted to be an archaeologist. Like Indiana Jones.

28. I was practically have a minor in history. I suppose that doesn’t count.

29. I got married when I was 19.

30. This year, my Studly Muffin and I, will have be been married 20 years.

31. That’s a long time.

32. I only knew The Studly Muffin a few months before I married him.

33. I like buttermilk.

34. The Studly Muffin loves buttermilk.

35. Which is why he thought I was trying to get his attention before we started dating.

36. No other girl he knew liked buttermilk.

37. Laura Ingalls Wilder. That’s all I’m saying.

38. I went to beauty school after I graduated from High School.

39. No. I am not a beauty school drop out.

40. You can say I am a beauty salon drop out.

41. I went to two different High Schools.

42. I went to 3 years at one High School and then graduated from a different High School.

43. I was a theatre and choir geek.

44. I never had a leading role in the theatre.

45. But, I absolutely loved it.

46. I did do really well in choir.

47. I love to sing.

48. I’m an Alto.

49. I come from a long line of musical people on both sides of my family.

50. Most play a few instruments.

51. My parents play at least 3 apiece.

52. I barely play the piano.

53. My major when I started college was Music Education.

54. I was teaching Music at an elementary school when I first went to college.

55. Then I had a massive car wreck.

56. I almost died.

57. I had to learn to walk again.

58. A few years later I went into Congestive Heart Failure.

59. I was 27.

60. I almost died.

61. My ovaries don’t work very well.

62. I have one baby in heaven.

63. We bought our little boy.

64. He was almost $10,000.

65. You can say that he was our ‘major splurge.’

66. Adopting him was the best thing we ever did.

67. If I could I would buy another one this minute.

68. My husband is a pastor.

69. We’ve had a rough couple of years.

70. I had a second episode of heart failure a couple of years ago.

71. We had to take a break.

72. Break is about over.

73. We homeschool.

74. Yep. We’re those kind of people.

75. My little boy needed some constancy. Not everybody’s mommy is so sick so often.

76. He would have been in 4 school districts already.

77. I love to read. It used to get me in trouble when I was younger. I did things like reading instead of homework, chores and eating. I don’t have a trouble with much of that anymore. At least the eating part :<)

78. I love libraries.

79. I would love to be a librarian.

80. I’m a nerd. Not a smart nerd. Just a nerd.

81. I daydream.

82. I love classic poetry. It makes me feel happy.

83. I love classical music.

84. It makes me feel smarter. And much more adjusted than I really am.

85. One of my favorites is Léo Delibes'. Flower Duet.

86. My other favorite is Bach. Specifically the Cello Suites.

87. Speaking of adjusted. I have 23 pins and screws in my hip and legs.

88. I seldom take narcotics. I would be a good druggie.

89. I can predict an approaching storm system or cold front.

90. I don’t make metal detectors go off.

91. At least, none I’ve never encountered.

92. But you can see all of my pins in any kind of scan or x-ray.

93. I love Sushi.

94. In fact, I love most Asian inspired food.

95. But, my heritage is French, English & Irish.

96. I do like a good cup of tea. With cream.

97. I like my jewelry to dangle. Dangly earrings, dangly bracelets. I feel more alive if it all moves.

98. I also enjoy a good pair of flip flops.

99. They are my choice of footwear in the summer.

100. When I was little I also wanted to be a ballerina. Like a lot of little girls. I still love to watch people dance.

101. I never had a dance class.

102. Closest thing I came to a dance class was square dancing in High school P.E.

103. And learning choreography for the school musicals.

104. My favorite forms of pampering include pedicures, dangly jewelry, a new book, an afternoon at the movies & sushi.

105. My favorite color is red. It makes me feel sassy.

106. My favorite chapter in the Bible is Psalm 91. Look it up.

107. I sometimes suffer from insomnia (if you had 23 pins and screws you might,too).

108. When I have trouble sleeping, I do silly things like post 108 things about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *