Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Walking on the WILD Side

Yesterday we were blessed with a visit from Baby Sister, her cute Hubby and equally cute Kiddos. They live in OHH-klahoma and are on vacation. We let Cute Hubby do some business in town and Baby Sister and I took all the Kiddos to the Zoo. I took lots of pictures...some are actually worth looking at. I took more pictures of the kids than I did the animals. And because I was always a little behind everybody (it's hard walking so much with this metal hip and leg) I have a lot of pictures of everybody's backside.


I'm not sure what we are looking at here. But it was the first picture I had on my camera that was in focus. I take it where I can get it. Yay me.


 Whatchoolookinat?

Loverly. There are huge fish in this pond. At one point I thought I saw something floating in there that suspiciously looked like the Loch Ness Monster.


Payge is doing her best monkey impression. She is pretty stinkin' smart. She gets that from her Aunt Beke.


Our little zoo lets the waterfowl (and peacocks) run free. One of these gooses bit my nephew when we tried to feed the goats at the petting zoo. It was quite the ordeal.


I think we were looking for the black bear. Brynn, however, would rather pose for the camera. She's something else! She gets that from her Aunt Beke.


See what I mean?


How about a little Air Guitar?


This elephant was playing with the buckets above him. Josiah said, "Mom! These elephants are so old. Look at their wrinkles!" I need to get that kid out more often.


Random sprinkler moment!


Nothing like a good spritz.


 Our camera shy kids.


Oops! Here comes another one!


Somebody (and I won't say who) called this little deer statue a mule. I will give you a hint. He is the only one in this picture who lives in Missouri.


I had to make Cade pose for me. He was all about seeing the sites and moving on.


Can we go see something else now?  You can tell by his body language he was over it.


Now this mountain lion was frisky. He ran around his cage like a ....well, a mountain lion.


I think I need to keep her. Her momma insists that she would wear me out, but I know about rooter-tooters. I am raising one.

I know. I'm sorry. I didn't even realize I was taking a picture of a giraffe sniffing another giraffe's heinie until after it had snapped. But I just had to share. One can get quite a diverse education at the zoo.




This giraffe looks like he's saying "Can you believe this guy?" That is if giraffes could talk.



 I'd take him home with me, too. If he would fit in my purse. Or my car. Or my house. Maybe I need to think this one out.



At the end of our morning we took a ride on the little train.


It was quite the adventure.


Isn't she just yummy?  Maybe if I hide her in my coat closet for a little while her momma won't notice she's missing and go back to OHH-klahoma.


After the zoo we had lunch at one of the many Chinese food restaurants and then I brought the kids back to my house so their parents could shop a little bit. Later on we all had supper at my house and then they took off for my mom and dad's farm.  I wished they lived closer. I wouldn't have to entertain urges about kidnapping my nieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *