Thursday, July 7, 2011

Random Thoughts: Call Me Fluffy

I woke up this morning to thunder. And rain. It was a pretty big deal. We even lost our internet for a few minutes. The power flickered once. In honor of our much needed rain I thought I would provide you with a few random thoughts.

1. I have been extremely unproductive today. Which never turns out so good.  Last week (on another unproductive day) the repairmen came to look at our air conditioner (it was leaking on the folks below us). I piled a few towels in the laundry basket and apologized for my mess in between mumbling something about "alien invasion" and "organizing closets"...those repairmen saw the condition of my closet during a previous trip to repair something. I can guarantee that they didn't buy any of my excuses. I can't keep using the 'organizing closet' excuse. Anybody got some good excuse ideas? I need new material. That is one thing about living in an apartment building owned by the company your husband works. Everybody gets to know each other pretty good. Whether we like it or not.

2. I have been watching Hoarders on Netflix. Troy can't stand it. He says it depresses him. I am fascinated and repelled at the same time. One one hand I am always grateful my own house looks pristine compared to the messes we see on the show...but on the other side I worry that I am one good crisis away from surrounding myself with 22 cats and every Agatha Christie paperback novel ever printed.  Aren't we all just a few degrees away from crazy? Dysfunction can manifest itself in so many ways. 

3. Speaking of dysfunction. Should I be worried that my son has started standing on the balcony (in his jammie pants) every evening to greet our neighbors as they come home from work? Everybody in the building knows his name. They even bring him treats. So far I think he's behaved himself. I did hear him howling once out there. I am not going to even try and figure that one out. I discovered that boys are just plain weird. No getting around it. Weird.

4. I have a confession to make. I have only been to the Y just a few times this summer. Don't judge me. I have been trying to make a habit of exercising with the Wii Fit. I'm just having a hard time making friends with my Wii Fit. It has so many neat features, but I tell ya...the look of discouragement on my little Mii character's face after I have tried and failed miserable at the Hula Hoop is downright pitiful. I want to tell that my little Mii to go have a Hot Fudge Sundae. It will make her feel better.

5. To be honest this whole weightloss thing is kicking my hiney. I have numerous issues...One is that I have metal in both sides of my lower extremities and hips and the other is that I am in treatment for heart failure. But I can't continue to let those things deter me. I have set up a tentative weightloss blog, but to be honest I am not sure I am ready to share my ups and downs...yet. I am calling it "Fluffy"...Which I thought was a catchier title than "You Skinny People Shut Up You Know Squat And I Should Know 'Cause I Used To Be Skinny."

6. On to a happier subject. The Studly Muffin. I was thinking about something the other day. I was really young when I got married. 19. I have been married to him almost half of my life. He has seen the best in me and the worst in me. He was there for the whole unfortunate puff painted T-shirt phase and  has loved me despite what hair color I might have come home with. Every girl needs a man like that. He loves the "Fluffy" girl just as much as he loved the "Skinny" girl. Maybe even more.

7. My summer reading list has been a hodge podge of things. I have been known to enjoy a good biography from time to time. I love reading about old movie stars or historical figures...depends on the day. I've also read a few autobiographies of more current celebrities. And I'm always a little shocked. Should you people really be telling all you know, all you've done and all you ever hope to do? And where was your momma? I guess that is the thing now. To expose all of your secrets. If I ever decide to write a "tell all" book you can be sure that I won't "tell all"...there are just some things that are between me and God. Not that my "tell all" book would be a best seller. Who wants to read about a fluffy housewife/homeschooling mom with a fascination for murder mysteries and flip flops? 

8. In a one final random note, I just had to kick my son out of my bedroom. He came in trying to talk me into an ice cream run. It's 9:00 on a beautiful summer evening. I can hear the crickets chirping in concert outside my window. The broiled Zucchini I had for supper (while delicious) was hours ago.  You can get a cone at McDonald's for .49. Sigh. If he comes in and even mentions Andy's Frozen Custard I am locking the bedroom door.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *