Monday, February 13, 2012

I Wanna Be....

I just had to share this. One of Josiah's assignments today was to write a paragraph about his future occupation aspirations.

Me As An Archaeologist

By Josiah Teague


I want to be an archaeologist when I grow up. Archaeologists like to discover and I like to discover. I would be digging up artifacts. Indiana Jones uncovered the Ark. He uncovered diamonds and the Grail. He also found the Crystal Skull. Archaeologists find missing stuff. It’s exciting when they find things that have been missing. I am probably going to find beautiful things. Let’s just hope I find silver and gold. I have a long way to go before I am an archaeologist. I have to go to college. Indiana Jones and paleontologists have to go to college. Indiana Jones looks good in a suit and a hat. I will get to wear a cool suit and a brown hat.

The End

Ironically, I wanted to be an archaeologist too when I was younger. In fact, it was what I wanted to before my parents made me go to beauty school so I could afford to go to college. I didn't  last long as a Hair Lady.

If I thought long and hard about the study of such things (archaeology and history) still appeal to me. And
if Josiah were not adopted I would attribute his fascination/obsession with this subject to genetics. Who says this boy isn't mine?

Josiah on his 7th birthday. He's 10 now. He was making plans for a career as Indiana Jones even then.



*Note: I do realize that we need to have a serious discussion about the "fiction" aspect about some of Indiana Jones discoveries. I wouldn't want him to think that all alien skulls are crystal :<)

2 comments:

  1. He's a gorgeous Indiana Jones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. He is pretty cute. We had nothing to do with it, but are always quick to take credit :<)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *