Monday, February 13, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - 2/13



Woo Hoo! Snow Day! Not that it makes much difference for us. We are homeschoolers and everyday has the potential of being a "snow day." Which I love! For me, a snow day is a chance to cuddle, read, play...do something special and out of the box. Our school day will look like most of our school days...except we are going to miss our outside activities today...and I will be cranking out the hot chocolate and some snow ice cream might be on the menu today if it snows enough.

This was one of those great weeks where I planned my meals around what I already had in my pantry. I would recommend doing that from time to time. Some weeks our finances are such that I have to. This is one of those weeks, however, that the cupboards aren't so bare and I need to use up some of those great deals I've purchased over the past few weeks. I love weeks like this. There is nothing like having a pound of ground turkey fall out on your toes everytime you open the freezer. To me it speaks of abundance...and a few bruised toes :<)

So. Here is my menu for the week. I am linking this post up to Meal Plan Monday over at TipJunkie.

Monday: Beef With Broccoli. This meal is a carry over from last week. I had planned it for our Family Night (Friday nights), but we had a change of plans. We had a nice lunch out and then met friends at Panera for late night soup, sandwiches and some sweets. I love days like that.

Tuesday: Okay. Here is my plan. I want to get a Heart-Shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's to celebrate Valentine's Day. I also have a few other Valentine treats I want to make. Stay tuned. That is also a Swim night so Pizza sounds like a great plan to me :<) I always make homemade pizza, but I think I will take advantage of those $6 pizzas.

Wednesday: Crockpot Taco Soup. This is a lighter, super easy recipe.

Thursday: Spaghetti with Bolognese sauce. This is a lite recipe. I made it several weeks ago. It was a hit. I also found some pancetta marked down last night on a late night run to the grocery store for toilet paper on the way from church (too much information?) I'm excited to use it. It's usually not in my budget.

Friday: Taco Night! Friday night is Family Night and Josiah asked if I would make tacos this week. It remains to be seen what direction our Taco Night will take. I like making my own tortillas (homemade tortillas will change your life), but sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

Saturday: Mystery Meal. We commute on the weekends to our "other job" as assistant Pastors. Our Saturday meal is spent at my mom and dad's house.

Sunday: Leftovers and Out to Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *