Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Review: A Bride For All Seasons

 I have a fairly good imagination, but I'm also a product of my generation...a fairly independent and opinionated woman. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a woman in the 1800's who answers an ad for a mail order bride. What a scary notion!
In A Bride For All Seasons, a compilation of novellas by four well-known Christian authors, we get a glimpse of some of what might have gone wrong.I was recently given the book to Review.


Book Description from the publisher:
It all started with an ad in a mail-order bride catalogue . . .Melvin Hitchcock of the Hitching Post Mail Order Bride Catalog isn’t dishonest—not exactly. If he tweaks his clients’ applications a bit, it’s because he’s looking out for their best interests.
This charming bouquet of novellas introduces  four Hitching Post  prospects in the year 1870, each one eager for second chances . . . and hungry for happiness. Year in, year out, they'll learn that love often comes in unexpected packages.
Each story is only connected by the Hitching Post Mail-Order Bride Catalogue. In each novella, the main characters have connected by way the the Catalogue during the late 1800's. A well-meaning, but somewhat manipulative editor of the Catalogue takes matters into his own hands...leading to some big misunderstandings!

I do enjoy filling my Kindle with books that I can read through without a whole lot of concentration on my part. You know how it is...one eye on the swim team practice...the other on your book. 
This book fit the bill. It was not only fun reading, but all were filled with the Christian values I hold dear. 
My favorite of the novellas was "An Ever After Summer" by Debra Clopton. I am sometimes impatient with heroines who are silly or unreasonably stubborn or both. This heroine was anything but.

I recommend this book for any and all who enjoy the genre.


I review for BookSneeze®

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *