Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tales from the Snot Side: A Weight Loss Journal

As part of my ever evolving “Be Good to Beke” plan, I am going to start keeping an online weight loss journal. My plan is to tell you how much weight I’m losing, what kinds of things I’m finding that help…etc. etc. And probably (because it’s me) I’ll ramble on about a variety of weight loss related topics. Hopefully. I’m not above discussing the latest episode of Downton. Keep in mind that while I might have an opinion I am not a medical professional (nor do I play one on TV). Be sure when embarking on a healthy lifestyle transformation that you work with a medical professional...especially one who you trust.


This week has been a doozy. I've been down and out for most of it. I  feel as if Niagara Falls has taken up residence in my sinuses.

It was tempting to send the Muffin to the nearest fast food joint for a fresh order of salty French Fries. There is nothing that says healthy comfort like the French Fry. I never met a potato I didn't like. Which could be part of my problem. 

Don't worry. I abstained. I'm not saying I shall never indulge in a French Fry again. It just won't be while I'm sick. A body needs all the help it can get when it's under the weather.

I want to talk a little a bit about rewards. How are you rewarding yourself for the weight you are losing? I really don't believe in rewarding myself with cheat meals. I might have a cheat meal for a birthday or anniversary, but to reward myself for losing weight with something that could derail my efforts seem counterintuitive.

Currently, I am rewarding myself for every 10 pounds lost. My reward might be a new book, a trip to my favorite shop. I am only 2 pounds away from my next goal. Know what I'm going to do? I am going to go to one of my favorite cheap/but really good clothing stores and purchase something in a smaller size. Yep. I used to think doing such a thing would jinx my efforts (for sure). I now know that when I am motivated I am encouraged to keep going. I have come too far to fail. 

Here are a few things that have helped me this week.

Foodie

I don't have a specific dish to talk about this week. Sometimes it can be the little things that make a difference. One of my favorite secret weapons is cinnamon. It has a number of health benefits and curbs my sweet tooth. I generally sprinkle it in my coffee or hot tea in the morning. It is wonderful.  Do a little research on it. I think you will be surprised how the simple cinnamon can benefit your weight loss. 

Move it! Move it!

Here is my big confession. I have barely Moved anything all week. I admit, I could have done more. I have a set of resistance bands that are easy to use...even from my bed. However, sometimes rest is the best. I have to admit that I feel better when I stretch and flex. 

Scale Says!

This week was a weird one. I think my scale is possessed. Or at least needs new batteries. It told me that I had gained 3 pounds. Then I stepped on it again and it told me that I had lost 2 pounds. I stepped on it again and I had lost 3 more pounds. All within a minute. I am tempted to take the 3 pounds lost, but I will just have to wait and see. I am not stressed about it. I have been feeling decidedly less bloated (despite my snot). 

Have a great weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are not feeling well. Seems to be the case with half of Springfield. Good job for resisting those fries. I wish I had, ordered them even tho I said I was not going to. Why, oh why do I do these things to myself. Thanks for sharing. I'm feeling more motivated.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *