It's that time of the week where I dish on how my weight loss journey is going.
Josiah and I have had the sniffles. His sniffles have been decidedly more severe than my sniffles. My workouts haven't been there, but I have to say I've had a great week otherwise.
In fact, some of my fluffy jeans are baggy this week. Love it when the fluffy jeans are baggy! There is always good news/bad news with this sort of thing. The good news is that I'm losing weight. The bad news is I always lose weight in my hinnie first. I don't have much of one to begin with. This means I have a hard time keeping my britches up!
My friend has a name for all of us folks with a less than ample hinnie. Apparently, we are to be known as "The Buttless Wonders."
I know! I need to tell my momma something. I did not come up with this one! It has
Just this morning I went through my kitchen and took a few pictures of some of my favorite things in my kitchen that are helping in this "the battle of the bulge."
We will just call it my 'show and tell.'
1. Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt. This is my new favorite friend. There is a ton of protein in it and it is only sweetened with stevia. You've got to check the labels. Yogurt is notoriously sneaky for adding in sugars. Just read the ingredients.
2. Several weeks ago I read this article. It talks about 4 hormones that might be interfering with weight loss. I am one hormonal mess. I understand! He spoke my language. Anyhoo. I did a little research and bought some Natural Calm. I have been having a few teaspoons a day. My blood sugars have been so low I am going to have to reduce the little bit of insulin I take at night. I have had increased energy. Which means I can get into all kinds of nonsense!
3. Okay. So not the most appetizing picture in the world.
This one is a little better. This is my Thrifty Gal's Salsa. I make a whole batch of it up at a time and keep it in the fridge. My favorite way to eat it is with some beans and rice. It has just enough spice and heat to make my taste buds sing. Not that I've ever heard my taste buds sing.
4. Another terrifically appetizing photo. This, my friends, is a bag of frozen strawberries from my Daddy's garden. I take a few of these and whip them up in my food processor with a little bit of cottage cheese. Unbelievable. It tastes like ice cream. And considering one of my biggest cheats is ice cream...I need all the help I can get in that department.
5. I try and have a cup of hot tea before I go to bed. It helps with the nighttime munchies. This kind is one I got around Christmas, obviously. It really taste a little like a cookie. I'm not mad at it.
6. I really think you have to know where some of your triggers lie. I love pasta. I love spaghetti. I love making spaghetti. I might use a pasta called Dreamfields once a week. But, spaghetti squash is a terrific alternative to my pastaholic tendencies. For one, I don't have to limit my portion to a minuscule amount. Another weakness of mine is the potato. However, the potato doesn't love me. It spikes my blood sugars. Enter...The Spaghetti Squash. I know you are thinking, "potato=spaghetti squash?" You just have to try this recipe. It takes care of some of those hashbrown casserole cravings. I will talk about cauliflower another time. I also like spaghetti squash with just a little bit of butter or olive oil, salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese.
7. This is so not a healthy diet food. There are probably things in this that I should have. However. a little sweet and creamy goes a long way with me. It is sugar free so it won't spike my blood sugars. I put a little bit of this in my coffee in the morning and I think I'm getting something special. I'm an easy girl to please. There are always new flavors to try. And I'm ready and willing to try all of them.
So that is my 'show and tell' for this week. I have so many more things that I have incorporated into my lifestyle. And that's what it has to be. We can do this!