Monday, February 2, 2015

What I'm Fixin: Not Frozen Custard!





Another Monday. Another chance to post my weekly menu plans. 

I'm glad I am doing it this week. It is going to be one of those weeks and I haven't quite got off to a great start. 

I sent The Muffin to work tonight with a can of soup and 2 sandwiches. I have decided, however, that there is nothing wrong with making things easy on myself on occasion. 

This week Josiah is going to be starting swim team practice after a brief time off. His practices are 3 times a week at 6-7 in the evening. Which means that a good portion of the evening is spent somewhere else. 

It is tempting just to drive-thru some place quick. That is neither healthy or budget friendly. I don't want to admit how many times over the years I've driven through our favorite frozen custard place after swim team and called that supper. 

I know. I'm so ashamed. But you really have to try our favorite frozen custard. My favorite is the Strawberry Shortcake Sundae that comes out about June. This isn't June. 

So this week I am doing a little cooking ahead. Tuesdays are my "at-home" days. Which means I don't have to be anywhere. I can take a little more time. 

Monday - Soup and Sandwich

Tuesday - Roasted Chicken, Loaded Cauliflower casserole & salad.

Wednesday - Bean Burritos (I'm actually making them up Tuesday)

Thursday - Meatballs and sauce. I can put this in the crockpot then cook up some quick pasta. I am going to eat them with spaghetti sauce I am cooking on Tuesday. 

Friday - Chicken Curry (I am going to try it in the crockpot)

Have a great week!







I'm linking up this post to orgjunkie.com! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *