Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Weight Loss Journal: Spring!




It's time for my weekly Weight Loss update. Not that I'm really giving you any hard and fast numbers.

I'm that kind of girl.

It's now officially spring!

This past week was mostly good. I did have a cheat or two featuring ice cream. It is my kryptonite.

This week I want to share with you a couple of things.

I  have been exercising consistently and woosers! I'm paying for it. I hurt all over. Further evidence that I had dropped the ball...or the resistance band....take your pick.

Last night I did 40 minutes on the NuStep.



It is a recumbent crosstrainer. I would love to have one at home, but these things cost almost $4000. It's not exactly in the budget. Thankfully, the Y (both of them here in town) has the machine. If you struggle with joint issues this might be the machine for you. The recumbent bicycle is hard on my knees. The NuStep allows me to get in a good sweat without the impact on all of my cracked and broken bits. 

When I am in better shape I can do the treadmill. However, the NuStep also works out my arms. Which is always a good thing. 

This morning I started off my day with T-Tapp.   I've talked about T-Tapp before. It is a wellness workout that is truly unique. I have lost major inches using the Basic Workout DVD. Don't be deceived by what looks like "harmless stretching." You will be moving parts that you didn't know you have. I have been struggling with some aches and pains...I really need a good chiropractor pop. T-Tapp helps work all that out. It has also helped with some unfortunate posture issues. 

On Saturday, my mom and I took a drive to a Mennoite bulk grocery store. If you have never visited one I recommend you make a trip. Especially, if you are looking for some good healthy basics. 

I can usually get:

Oats (I get the old-fashioned)
Flax Meal (make sure you get the meal! I like the golden meal the best)
Dry Beans (they generally have a good selection)
Baking powder or Baking soda
Specialty flours (almond or coconut flours are usually the same price as in the health food store, but rye and whole wheat is a good deal)
All sorts of spices and herbs
Flavorings 
Popcorn (last time I got some beautiful tiny popcorn...I can't remember the name, but we really enjoyed it)
Chicken Bullion (I get the kind without MSG)

There is so much more to be had, but I stick with things that I cook with frequently. 

This time around I got a huge bag of oats, flax meal, some lovely smoked paprika and a knife. I love looking around the store. They have so many interesting things to see. 

This week my meal plan is based around chicken. I know! I didn't post one, but there was laundry to be done! 

I found a good deal on chicken breasts and then found 2 rotisserie chickens in the deli for 2.49 a piece. Yay! I put one in the freezer. It's a good thing my guys like chikin'. 

Spring is here and I am looking forward to enjoying the fruits of my Dad's labors. He is the gardener extraordinaire. As it we are still eating from last year's bounty. I have a baked pumpkin oatmeal I am getting ready to mix up using pumpkin from his garden. I'll try and remember to share! 

In the meantime, keep moving and enjoy your week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *