Thursday, April 9, 2015

No. You Can't Have a Pet Zebra: From the Diaries of a Fruity Homeschool Momma




This week I'm sharing some Real Life Homeschooling. At least, what happened during one week of our homeschool. These posts are not meant to educate. I can't tell you how to do it "right." So I am not even going to begin to try. This is just life. 

Dear Diary,

It's Friday. I spent much of my day helping a family member out. Car troubles all around. It must be catching.

It certainly wasn't part of the plan.

Then again...much of what has happened in my life wasn't part of my "plan."

Think of what I would have missed.

This evening I am sitting quietly by myself. The Muffin and Josiah have gone to swim team practice. I have been working on Easter projects and some secret Birthday plans for my Mom and niece.

I am exhausted. I figured I spend just a minute jotting down something things I must never forget.

1. Remember that Spring Break I neglected to schedule in? Next year we are taking one. I don't care if it is spent in our pajamas watching episodes of Doctor Who and Sherlock on Netflix. In fact,we might as well take a Fall Break. We need time to just "be."




2. Not every minute has to be an educational one. It's okay to go to the park just because we like to hang out there. I don't have to drag around our Nature Study stuff every where we go. Next time we go, maybe we will just swing and swing and swing.

3. I must take a little more time in the mornings to get my day in order. I don't care what order that might be. I'm tired of feeling like I'm playing catch up. I have to take my Quiet Time to be Quiet.

4. Which brings me to my next point. Not every project has to be "pinterest" worthy.

5. Sleep. I need more.

6. I can say "not today". The world and everyone in it will not fall apart because I need to stay home.

7. One can never have too many art supplies.

8. Or books.

9. I can't worry about what certain people in my life think about this whole homeschool thing. They don't walk in our shoes. I also can't get offended when they express their opinions. They haven't been called to this. The Muffin and I are in unity in this. It has made us a better family.


10. I am never going to have to worry about socialization. Is it possible to have too much? (This spoken as a true introvert).



11. Josiah has had to work twice as hard to be able to read what is on a page. I am going to work just as hard to make sure I do my best for him.

12. And on those days I feel like crying? I am going to cry.

13. I am not going to make food, a lifestyle or an educational method my god. I already serve One is Omnipotent.

14. I am going to liberally supply hugs and kisses to my guys. They need them.

15. It is okay to say "No." My son is not going to show up on Dr. Phil one day and tell the world of his sadly neglectful childhood. It is perfectly okay to say no to having a pet zebra.

16. I don't have to know everything. Thank goodness for Google,Pinterest and Youtube.

17. I am not going to be so hard on myself when I neglect to do those things I listed above.

Sweet Dreams...










 Discover real life in other homeschools with the Schoolhouse Review Crew bloggers! Join the blog hop to read more!


Real Life Homeschool Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *