Friday, May 29, 2015

Murder, She Wrote

I've been quiet on the blogging front as of late. It's not because I have fallen off the face of the earth.

I've been busy.

Imagine that.

Next weekend we take off for our annual trip to visit The Muffin's folks in Indiana. I have a few goals before then.

1. Try and finish up some reviews I'm working on.

2. Get my laundry caught up.

3. Clean my house.

4. Lose 20+ pounds.

So I realize that just a few of those aren't going to happen.

We've had a few slow weeks in our homeschool. I can tell you that Josiah is thrilled beyond words. I'm afraid his euphoria won't last all summer long.

I've got plans. And they involve Math. And other subjects.

It is almost time for our annual Cousin Camp adventure. This will be our 5th year! I can't even believe it!

I've been hard at work. This year we our theme is "Mystery at Raccoon Manor." Last year's was The Pirates of Raccoon Road. My folks live on Raccoon Road if you were wondering why we keep naming our events after a varmint.

This year has been complicated to plan, but I've done it. I worried about it for a while. Creativity kind of comes and goes with me. I have to strike while the iron is hot.

I can say the same thing about housework.  Pretty much.

I've put all of my years of reading mysteries to good use and wrote a little mystery adventure....complete with clues, challenges and plenty of weirdness. It's just how I roll.

I will share just a little bit of what I have been working on. I can't give away all of my secrets.

Actually, this little treasure is some of Mom's handiwork with a little help from Photoshop.


Next time we need to talk about doing something with my double chin. My jaw line ain't what it used to be.




The whole mystery revolves around a theft and kidnapping. We are setting it in the roaring 20's. Without the booze. Or the organized crime. And other hedonistic practices of the era. We gotta keep it clean. 



I won't tell you anymore. I've had a good time planning the whole thing. I've given an assignment list to my mom so I might share a little bit more next week. Nobody quite can turn a rhyme or a riddle like my momma.

This little ditty was from last year's Pirate camp. I know! Gives me the shivers!






Unless I'm busy doing laundry...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *