Thursday, December 3, 2015

Light One Up! 17 Weeks of Learning to Live a Beautiful Life




I can scarcely believe it, but it's almost Christmas!

And it's Week 12 of my Learning to Live a Beautiful Life series.

You might notice I'm a bit late. Which means you will be blessed with 2 Learning to Live a Beautiful Life posts.

Yay! Just consider it an early Christmas present. Aren't you excited?

I'm not suffering from a case of sarcasm AT ALL this week.

The truth is that I could do with a few days in the comfy corner of the couch. However, my house doesn't clean itself (ding dang it!) and my guys like to eat. So I am adjusting my expectations and trying to get a little done at a time.

We often find ourselves stressed to the max during this time of the year. Life doesn't slow down...it ramps up at warp speed.

I challenge you to take some time to slow down and purposefully plan those cozy nights at home that not only make memories, but keep the stress level down just a bit.

For the rest of my series I want to provide some very doable and practical challenges.

The challenge for this week is really simple.

You ready for this? You might already do it on a regular basis.

Here it is!

Light a candle every day (or at least every day you are home).

I love candles. I even include them in my housekeeping routine. After deep cleaning my living room my final act is to light a candle.

I think they provide a peaceful atmosphere. If you enjoy scented candles they help with a little aromatherapy. I personally like candles that smell like something is baking in the oven. Floral candles remind me of my spring allergies so I try and stay away from those.

My favorite candle of all time is the Home Sweet Home candle from Yankee Candle. Of course, it is frequently out of my budget so I have had to find other alternatives when I am candle shopping. Sometimes I have even purchased a few of my favorite smelling votive candles.  I think where there is a will there is a way!

Currently, I have a wonderful smelling candle sitting on my bookshelf.

It is unlit.

The Muffin bought it for me and asked me not to light it until we put our Christmas tree up. He's a sentimental softy. Because it was a day that required a lit candle in the house, I brought out a few of my little votives and set them on my coffee table.

Here is the thing, my friends. Living a Beautiful Life means that we pay attention to those small moments in our life. We learn to love those little moments. Something like lighting a candle might seem insignificant in the whole scheme of things. We can't get trapped into thinking that life happens in big, sweeping gestures. If we make those small moments special the "whole scheme of things" become clearer. We find contentment in what we already have.

And sometimes lighting a candle just makes us feel cozy inside.

Nothing wrong with that!











You can read more of my 17 Weeks of Learning to Live a Beautiful Life series by clicking on the banner below.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *