We’ve had a chance to review something really fun lately. An email service just for kids and teens! If you are like me and have worried about the dangers of just throwing your kiddos out there into the wild world of email accounts there is a solution. It is an Annual Subscription from KidsEmail.org.
Josiah has had an email account in the past to use with certain review products we’ve tried in the past, but this one I can let him use without reservation. My own personal email comes with more junk and spam (really disgusting spam) than I care to admit. Thanks to KidsEmail.org Josiah can have his independence and I won’t have to worry about “Single in Missouri” making contact with him.
There are some really great features available with KidsEmail.org. You can chose any or all of the following:
1. Your child receives mail only from the people on his or her contact list.
2. Your child can send mail only to people on his or her contact list.
3. You can allow your child to edit his or her contact list (or not).
4. You can allow (or disallow) your child to send or receive images, links or attachments.
5. You can receive a copy of any incoming or outgoing mail.
6. You can implement time restrictions
7. You can receive an activity log of your child’s email activity.
There are a few more features I know I’ve forgotten.
We are presently in the middle of a big move to another state. Understandably, Josiah has been worried about missing friends and family. Having his own email account is a great way to keep in touch with those he loves far and wide. Not only is there the benefit of staying connected, but he gets to practice his writing skills (yay!). Just tonight he sent an email to his grandparents in Missouri lamenting about the temperature of his room. It's hot!
For my part, I am confident that he is not receiving any unsolicited emails. I have also found the parent controls to be super simple to use. In the meantime, Josiah's email contacts list is growing with our move and I am sure that KidsEmail.org will continue to be a much loved product in our house.
This is such a fun and PRACTICAL product. Check it out!
You can connect with KidsEmail.org via the following social media outlets. Don't forget to click on the banner below to read more reviews.