Monday, September 12, 2016

The Moving Diaries: Attack of the Books

I do need a little updating before I let you read the rest of this post. Amidst all the crazy that is my life write now I realized that I hadn't posted about our BIG change here on the blog.

WE ARE MOVING TO INDIANA!

As you might know, The Muffin is an ordained pastor with the Assemblies of God and we have taken a church in the State of his birth and raising.

I wrote the post below last week when I was sitting in my little corner of the couch. Obviously, I neglected to hit "publish."

So here you go. Just a few thoughts from my fruity world.



When I close my eyes I can imagine that this is my view.





Pretty spiffy,huh?

The irony is that as I type this, The Studly Muffin and Josiah are watching Jaws on Netflix. I've got my headphones listening to music so I don't have to listen (not a fan of man eating sharks). Want to know what just came on through my headphones?

Ride of the Valkyers. I kid you not. It was meant to cover the sounds of screams of people being devoured by a crazy shark. I think all it does it enhance them.

Anyhoo. The real picture I have in front of me is much more terrifying than any shark. It is, my friends, the sights and sounds of moving.

Boxes, boxes everywhere.

I need to come clean here and now.

I am a bibliophile. I also am a book hoarder. Not only that...I am an unapologetic book hoarder.

I used to feel a bit guilty about that.

No longer. When we started homeschooling I realized that I could claim all my books as necessary educational materials. I had found my tribe. My peoples.

Needless to say the majority of my packing thus far has been books. Where in the world have I been keeping all these books?

Moving isn't for sissies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *