Thursday, May 18, 2017

Sicky and Paper Flowers (pics of our Mother's Day tables)

Good morning! Or is it good afternoon where you are?

I have a very sad tale to tell.

I have STREP THROAT! That's right. You might just back away from your computer screen. I also am blessed to have a secondary infection (sinus).

Yay! You know how much fun all of this is.

The kicker is that I was sick for daayyys before I actually went into the doctor.

I was in the middle of one of those "it will pass if I give it a few days."

Yup. I'm one of those.

I blame my momma. She has been suffering with a dislocated rib for no telling how long. Sherry Lou! You know what I mean....

I am on antibiotics, but still feeling like I've been knocked around. Last night I had the weirdest dream. I had a dream that there were 3 HUGE penguins in our backyard.

I feel eeked out. Have you ever just felt eeked out? Even my eyelashes are sick and tired.

Today I want to share a few pics from our Mother's Day event we had at our church. There are a few things  you need to know.

I was deep in the grasps of undiagnosed strep throat so I didn't get all the pictures I wanted to take. In fact, I took like 2 or 3 on the actual day and I used someone else's camera to take them. AND I couldn't even think straight enough to figure out how to turn the camera on. So the pictures I'm about to show you are from the day before...just after we had decorated.

I can't even believe I exposed all of those sweet ladies to strep throat. Because I had all of the other symptoms of a sinus infection (or at least an upper respiratory infection) I never dreamed I was contagious like that. I literally felt so bad, but didn't feel like I could do anything but soldier forward.

We ladies aren't really good about setting boundaries for ourselves, are we?

Our event was called the "All Daughters Salad Luncheon." Someone in our church years ago had the thoughtfulness to declare the Mother's Day event to be for All Daughters...since everyone can be called a daughter. This way, those who are childless or who have lost their mothers don't feel isolated and alone.

I understand. I was that childless woman for many years.

Anyhoo. I just want to show you the pics I took.

Our event was called "What's in Your Wordrobe?"

I made a bunch of these huge paper flowers. I had the best time making them!


We attached all the flowers to this arbor a talented carpenter in our church made for a wedding we had at the church early in the year. I purchased the dress form from Amazon and she is now going to sit in my bedroom. I had been looking for one so it worked out!


For the tables we used white paper tablecloths and pink and purple plastic table covers that were used the week before for a precious ladies 89th birthday party! The purse gift bags I found at Dollar Tree and all the cups and saucers are mine. Yes. They are mine. I see where you are going with this.


 We used doilies from my paper doily stash (from my party bucket) to make an easy runner. We set the table with these pretty teal plates and polka dotted napkins. We also included the invitation card for the event and added a scripture card they could take home as a memento.


The theme for the event was inspired by a devotion that my friend and fellow event planner was reading. She handed me this quote and we used it to create our party around.


This is a portion of the room. You can see a dress hanging towards the back. We styled a couple of outfits and hung them on the wall (complete with shoes and jewelry). We also had a table set up of extra hats the ladies could wear if they wished. I also meant to take a picture of the goody bags we sent everybody home with.


I still might do a follow up post on how we did everything, but right now my brain is mush and I think I see penguins in the backyard. As it is I am going to have go back through all the blog posts and reviews I've done in the past week or so and edit them. No telling what I've been saying.

Have a beautiful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *