Tuesday, October 10, 2017

CTCMath (A Homeschool Review Crew Post)

Hello, my friends. If you have read any of my “homeschoolish” posts you might have heard me moan about our math woes. They are many. I had my own math struggles in school, but miraculous grew a math brain in college. I’m hoping the same for Josiah. Meanwhile, I need to tell you about CTCMath. This isn’t the first time we’ve reviewed the online math subscription. This time around we received a one-year Single Membership to check out. Right now you can also receive 60% off + 6 bonus months until November 15.

CTCMath

CTCMath has courses ranging from K-12. You can see from the graphic below the fantastic range of classes available for students. 

The program does an excellent job of keeping records and even sends out progress reports. What I love is the diagnostic test that helped me pinpoint right where Josiah needed help.

Below is a screenshot for the diagnostic test for the Kindergarten Money Unit.  Yes. That's right. I am able to access any lesson I need to for Josiah. If I think this 15-year-old needs a refresher course in adding up those coins...I can do so. The site is sooo easy to navigate. 





CTCMath can be done alongside the student or (my favorite) independently. I am also able to view and work through the lessons on my parent dashboard without messing around with Josiah’s lessons. I want to share with you some CTCMath magic. 

Here I have traveled back to 6th grade and am going to work on simplifying fractions. So. Much. Fun. 

But wait! CTCMath is painless. 


All lessons are interactive and because CTCMath is based Down Under, we are treated to a charming Aussie accent.  


Under the Questions tab the student will practice the lesson. You also have instant results. Good thing I at least remember how to simplify a fraction. This could get embarrassing. 


If you want to add a little more practice there is a worksheet available to print off. I like to add these for extra "homework." Josiah is responsible for a good portion of his own studies and I like that I can use these as a homework grade. Or extra credit. Extra credit is always a good thing. 



I do need to clarify a few things. The features, such as the printable worksheets, will depend on the grade level used. The elementary level does not have printable worksheets (though I think that would be a nice feature). The diagnostic tests for any level can't be printed out, but tests that appear in the High School level can. 

Shew! 

However, in all my years of review, I will have to say that CTCMath has been one of our favorite programs and I can't tell you the number of homeschool parents who have had nothing but good things to say about the whole thing. It certainly is worth checking out. 

Again...Something neat for you. Right now, until November 15, 2017, Homeschool families can receive 60% off + 6 bonus months. Woo Hoo! If you need to try it out first, take advantage of the FREE trial CTCMath has to offer. 

CTCMath
You can connect with CTCMath via the following social media outlets.  Please note that the links are different depending where you reside in the world. Don't forget to click on the banner to read more reviews. 

U.S. & Canada

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ctcmath?ref=hl
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ctcmathofficial
Periscope: https://www.periscope.tv/ctcmathofficial
Pinterest: https://au.pinterest.com/ctcmath/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWn5e6974bpIEAe46VnovZw

Maths Online (Australia Only)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mathsonline.com.au
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MathsOnlineAU
CTCMath Online Math Tutoring {Reviews}
Crew Disclaimer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *