Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Day #5 - Trust (31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Challenge from Five Minute Friday)

I'm joining in the 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Challenge from Five Minute Friday! This means I am taking the theme given, setting the timer for 5 minutes and just writing.You can check out the whole series here.  


Today's word is Trust...

I have a horrible problem with trust. There is part of me that is a bit cynical. I might be your friend...I might even tell you a secret...but this doesn't mean I am going to TRUST you. That's a whole different animal.

My husband (the Muffin) is much better at this than I am. He takes people for who they say they are. This doesn't mean that he hasn't gotten hurt before. There are folks in the world who can't be trusted.

A sweet hymn is playing in my head.

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His word.'

What are His words? That He loves me. That He wants to bless me. That He wants me to be kind and patient and show love to those who might not like me so much.

'Jesus, Jesus, How I trust Him,
How I prove him o'er and o'er.
Jesus, Jesus, Precious Jesus
O, For faith to trust Him more.

Amen and Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *