Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Day #2 - Tell (31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Challenge)


I'm joining in the 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes Challenge from Five Minute Friday! This means I am taking the theme given, setting the timer for 5 minutes and just writing.You can check out the whole series here.  


True story. I'm a bit behind with posting my challenges. This, my friends, is called Real Life. I wonder if there is going to be a challenge for that particular topic. 

Today's topic is Tell. 

I woke up to horrible news. A truly sick and lost individual had taken it upon himself to end the lives of over 50 people...not to mention wounding hundreds of others and forever scarring thousands. 

I beyond horrified. How have we gotten this far? What further saddens me is the politics that always interjected into any tragedy. 

Really? Is life and loss as simple as passing legislation? Does legislation bind up the broken-hearted? What is it about society in general that creates this urge to participate in such atrocities?

What makes a seemingly harmless person snap? 

I can't begin to make sense of any of it. But I do know One who knows the beginning from the end. I know One who can wipe away your tears and calm your fears. 

Instead of screaming louder let's point the world to that One. We simply don't have enough answers in the universe to fix the ills of society. But we need to TELL of the One is the name above all names. 

He is our Comforter. Our Counselor. Our Everlasting Father. 



1 comment:

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *