Saturday, February 3, 2018

Saturday Random Thoughts

Happy Saturday, my friends! 

I'm presently encamped in the corner of my comfy couch. I've got a long "to-do" list for the day and I'm trying to muster up some motivation to get 'er going. 

I've not even had a hot beverage yet. 

It's been a while since I've treated you to one of my "Random Thoughts" posts, but I figure I'm long overdue. 

You're welcome.

1. Josiah has taken to wearing the same pair of 80's sunglasses 24/7. I've had to threaten him within an inch of natural life not to wear them in church. He even wears them at night. And I'm pretty sure there is a song about that somewhere. Here is the deal. I'm trying to pick my battles. Battling over a pair of tacky sunglasses with a 16-year-old boy is probably the least of my worries. Plus, I'm hoping he'll move on to a new obsession. Let's hope it doesn't involve a mullet. 


2. The Muffin and I are once again wrapped up in our annual viewing of Downton Abbey. It's our tradition. We start at the very beginning (a very good place to start) and go from there. We figure that we'll be done just in time to start the new When Calls the Heart season. Sappy...I tell ya! Though we are woefully unaware of most popular television programming. With the exception of the aforementioned When Calls the Heart the only other show we keep up with is Fixer Upper. 

3. I'm sure I've mentioned this a time or two, but since the beginning of October I have been going to cardiac rehab several times a week. Now I am not having major issues...so don't worry that my heart is being all funky again. There are just a few nagging things to worry about and cardiac rehab provides a safe way to keep on top of things. I absolutely love my therapist, Maggie. She is one of the few people who know my actual weight. I'm the kind of person who would rather not admit something is wrong or try and ignore potentially gnarly health issues. Going to rehab several times a week has forced me to pay attention to what's going on. I think I need a Maggie in every area of my life. Laundry, for example. I need a Maggie for laundry.

4. Have I mentioned that it has been COLD this winter? I might have. Cold doesn't like me. It teases all these pins and screws I have holding me together. It's always a little tempting to fall into a big ole pity party. AND then I feel sorry for myself for feeling sorry for myself. I continually have to remind myself that I have been on this journal a LONG time. It can't be all sunshine and roses every single minute. That would just be exhausting. Sometimes it's good just to take my mind off of myself and spend a little time with a little mindless entertainment. Which leads me to my confession. I LOVE DR. PIMPLE POPPER on youtube! There. I said it. I enjoy watching a dermatologist excising cysts, removing blackheads and scrapping a Seborrheic Keratosis. I can't even begin to tell you why this is. I was the girl who took Anatomy and Physiology 1 in college and spent the entire semester with a scowl on my face. However, Dr. Pimple Popper has been my guilty pleasure on youtube. Who can feel sorry for themselves when somebody else has a lipoma the size of Nebraska hanging out the middle of their back? 

You got to take it where you can get it, my friends. 

5. Josiah has just started a couple of classes with a homeschool co-op. He is taking Graphic Design and Theater. He told me that this past week he had to read both Paris and Mercutio from Romeo and Juliet.  He also told me that he had an easy feeling that someone was going to ask him to perform on stage at some point. Which, we all know, is generally the idea of a theater class. I did have to threaten him with bodily harm if he wore those crazy sunglasses in class. That's all we need. I have also decided that I am going to increase his anxiety level by making him watch the Romeo and Juliet ballet on youtube.  I know what he will be thinking. "Are they going to make me wear those tights?" I figure any boy who insists on wearing those 80's shades will just have to be okay with some spandex. 

So that's it for now. I have a list of stuff I need to do and my Saturday will be gone  before I know it. Plus, I've got a strict pimple popping viewing schedule to keep up. 😁


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *