Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Late Night Ramblings: Tea, Ducks, Chickens and a Weight on my Foot!

It's late, my friends.

I have a case of "I drank some tea too late and now I can't fall asleep."

Ever have a case of that?

Frankly, it stinks.

So I thought that instead of lying around and waiting for the caffeine to wear off I would fill you in on what's been going on.


Cousin Camp officially has been over for a few weeks now. I'm not quite ready to do a full recap, yet. Remember my "ducks in a row" problem?  They are still MIA. Missing in action. I'm expecting them back any day now. Plus, I've had a few other hiccups along the way.

I'm missing this guy, too. We left him at the farm to spend some extra time with his Ama and Papa and Cousins Chris and Kalynn.
I can't tell you how much I miss him. Princess the Cat misses him. She spent the first couple of days The Studly Muffin and I came home hollering for him. He's called me almost every day. He tells me he has been worrying about me. Some of that probably has to do with the fact that I have already made a trip to the emergency room since we came home from vacation.

You didn't think it would take me too long to go crazy, did you?

It happened just over a week ago. I was finishing up an epic project. And when I say EPIC....I mean EPIC. The Muffin had been watching a ball game late. He is an Albert Puljos fan and watches the Angles games online. So both of us were up around 2am.  Really late.

Unbeknownst to me, he had set his 30-pound weight on our bed underneath his overnight bag. I couldn't see it when I tried to pull the quilt from the end of the bed. The weight came flying off the bed and on to my right foot.

Yeah.

Needless to say, The Muffin took me to the emergency room.

There isn't an obvious break, but it is pretty bruised up. It still hurts to walk on it. I saw my doctor again on Friday and she told me that I should probably have another x-ray to make sure there isn't a hairline fracture. 

It took me 3 hours today just to do up a sink full of dishes and we have a dishwasher!

I need my momma.

Anyhoo. Thankfully, The Muffin isn't adverse to Takeout and my cat loves me.

Josiah is planning on hanging out at the farm for a little while longer. He has a list of stuff he wants to do when he comes home. He "gets" to work pretty hard at the farm. He did tell me that his favorite animal is Clyde the duck. Now, Clyde the duck is a bugger. He is as mean as sin and as dumb as a rock. He practically chases anything that moves. He does it all for love. His woman is a girl duck named Bonnie.

True story.

I will have to have my mom take pictures of them. All I have are pictures of Kalynn's ducks. These are NOT Bonnie and Clyde!


They are lady Muscovy Ducks and have little to do with Bonnie and Clyde. I'm sure they have names, but I can't keep all of these critters straight. If I'm not mistaken I believe these ducks are being pursued by a lonely Buff Orpington rooster named Goldy (or something like it). 

Goldy is not prejudiced. He just wants a woman. 

Goldy makes it his business all day long going from cage to cage trying to talk some hen into sharing his life with him. He can't get in the cages and they can't out. Goldy isn't that bright either.

That's probably more than you ever wanted to know, huh?

Though I do have an interesting story about goats....






1 comment:

  1. Hope your foot is better soon! Don't keep writing these posts about how you are up in the wee hours just messin' around. I'm trying not to fall off the wagon. Staying up late is like an addiction for me. I get myself all straightened out and then comes alone one tiny little valid reason for not getting to bed at a decent hour and then BOOM - this meadowlark takes a fall and is back to being a night owl again. You're not helping - it makes it want to say up and do whatever you're doing.

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *