Monday, January 6, 2020

Cousin Camp Photo Shoot 2019. It's finally here!

I can't believe I am finally getting these out.

To be honest, I just now got them into my chunky little hands.   

I'm talking about pics from Cousin Camp. These are from the ever anticipated Cousin Camp Photo Shoot. I can't believe how much these kids have grown up. It's also nice to see a little summer sunshine and farm goodness in these pics. 

I'm going to share just one of each kid, plus a few group shots. Actually, it was REAAALLY hard to choose which ones to share. These kids are 'rul purty. But, seriously, you have better things to do than scroll through pictures of my relations. 

I'm also going to post them all willy nilly. My computer connection has been slow this evening and I ran out of patience. It is what it is. 

Are you ready? Here we go.

My beloved son. Age 17 at the time of this picture. He has since cut his long locks. He currently is in his "groomed" phase of his rock band dreams.  This picture almost had the potential to make it appear that he had flora and fauna protruding out of his ears like some sort of Hawaiian hula dancer. Josiah was saved by an inch or so from eternal humiliation.

Actually, I take that back. Josiah is incapable of being self-conscience.  Any attention is alright with him.


\

My Little Bro's only son. One of twins. Chris had just turned 22 in this picture. This boy/man can fall asleep anywhere, anytime. He is also a really hard worker. Here he is contemplating all the farm chores needing to be done and wondering why we are subjecting him to such petty concerns.  I am not sure what is coming out of the bottom of that chair. Are those animal feet? Tuffs of toilet paper? I dare not ask.


I had to share the progression of these pictures. The boys are leaning up against the Old Duster. So cool. The Old Duster does not run, by the way. It just makes for a good photo prop and chicken roost.

We are hillbillies, after all.


Ama (aka my mom, their grandma) must have instructed them to smile. They didn't come up with those expressions on their own.


So someone must have said something a bit silly.


And so it began. Cade is still doing his best to be cool.



Cade is my Baby Sister's oldest. At the time of this picture, he was 17. This boy is so much like my Dad. Some of those Wilsons are pretty reserved. I almost got Cade moving his head to music on video this year. It would have been an epic win on my part. I would have lorded it over him and his children's children to the end of time. 

I'm that kind of aunt. 




And now we have the whole gang posing in the flat bottomed boat. Along with the hinder quarters of Blue the Blue-Heeler. I love this picture. They look like some kind of happy family band. Without the instruments. And the whole band part.


 This is Kalynn. She is Little Bros oldest and one of the twins. She is also my parents' oldest grandchildren.  Kalynn has a college education and a job. Kalynn pays for her own stuff. Be like Kalynn. I will take a minute to point out the awesomeness of her big hoop earrings. Why don't I have a pair like that, Kalynn? Kalynn gets her love of gaudy jewelry from her Ama. As do I.



Alexandra is 16. I will have to say that Alex reminds me so much of Kalynn...who reminds me of my Baby Sister. My Baby Sister is not the mother of these girls. But I sure can see her in them. I'm not sure what Alexandra's other hand is doing in this picture. Waving to her subjects. Holding a long pointy object. Whatever it is, I am sure it is awesome. Whatever Alexandra does is awesome. She is just that kind of girl.


Madalyn is 15 in this picture. She is Little Bros youngest. All these girls are gorgeous. Madalyn is also a soldier. And mean with a bow and arrow. She might look all sugar, but she could take you down if you mess with her. We raise our girls right!


 Brynn is our ballerina. She turns 14 in a few months. I'm sure there must some kind of mistake. It was only a few months ago we made the trip to her mom and dad's house when she was born. I remember that I made some hamburger stroganoff in her momma's really clean kitchen. We didn't know then than Brynn would turn out to be so stinkin' sassy. And I mean that in a good way. We all have a measure of sass.


Payge is 10 here. She is my Baby Sister's youngest and the youngest grandchild. This child is a hoot. She also, along with her cousin Madalyn, is the star of our award-winning slime making movie. Don't you just love that face? We do.



A picture of all of Baby Sister's kiddos. Along with Brynn's glasses. All little secret. More than half of these kiddos need glasses. As do I. We can thank Ama and Papa for the gift of life, but not the gift of good sight.


There was another picture of Little Bros kids I could have used where they were all facing the camera. However, I love this one. Aren't they cute? I'm also loving Alexandra's skirt. We found it at Goodwill because that's the way we roll.



Here are the girls in front of the Old Duster.


I'm not sure what's going on here. Some kind of big finish I think.


I hope you enjoyed this year's Cousin Camp Photo Shoot. We are going to began preparations for Cousin Camp 2020. As these kids get older we realize that the time with them is precious. At this point, most of them have sworn to come to Cousin Camp until they are 102.

Which is fine by me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *