Saturday, February 29, 2020

Doritos, Stretchy Pants, and Naps. Guilty Pleasures (30 Day Blog Challenge)

I'm doing it! This is Day 3 of my 30 Day Blog Challenge.



I didn't mention this in my previous blog challenge posts but we were out of town throwing a surprise 80th birthday party for my mom-in-law...aka The Muffin's Momma. 

We are home now and I am tiiirred. Really tired. I almost gave myself a pass. It was tempting to wash my face, fix myself a hot cup of something and go to bed. 

But NO! I am going to push through my red velvet cupcake coma (Teague Family Party Food) and whip this thing out. 

Today I am talking Guilty Pleasures. I will have to say that my guilty pleasures look quite a bit different today than they did when I was younger. 

1. I like eating Doritos and Cottage Cheese. Together. It is one of my top comfort foods. I can't tell you why. It's been a while since I've enjoyed this little duo. I'm trying to do other things than snacking when I'm stressed. 

2. Bean Burritos from Taco Bell. Is there a theme here? This is another food I am not partaking in right now. I love real Mexican food...don't get me wrong. But Bean Burritos? From Taco Bell? Yummo. 

3. I have been known to turn to station that plays all the 80's music in the car and turn it on full blast. Except when I'm getting ready to turn. I have to turn it down to see better. Not necessarily Preacher's Wife typical. But I do know all the words to Blondie's "Heart of Glass." 

4. A couple of times a month I stay in my long nightie and LuLaro stretchy pants the entire day long. The same LuLaro stretchy pants that have a few holes in unfortunate areas. 

5. The Muffin and I binge-watch all the episodes of Downton Abby once a year. We also annually binge-watch Chuck. Otherwise, we are really into documentaries. Especially biographical documentaries. We're nosey that way.

6. I LOVE soaking in a tub. Is that considered a guilty pleasure? I don't feel a bit guilty. Nor do I feel guilty about my occasional pedicure and gel manicure. 

7. I almost always take a long Sunday afternoon nap. I love a good nap. 

8. I buy frequently buy marked down flower bouquets from the grocery store for myself. They don't last very long but I do get great pleasure for the loveliness why it lasts. 

9. I have a cup of sugar-free hot chocolate almost every night. I add a splash of pecan caramel flavoring and a good measure of half and half. My obsession with hot beverages doesn't end there. I have at least 2 cups of hot tea and a cup of coffee every day, as well. 

10. I LOVE Dr. Pimple Popper. I loved her before she got a tv show. I have probably watched more than 90% of all her videos. Some multiple times. Don't ask me why I love all that zit popping so much. I can't explain it. But it does rate right up there with Doritos and Cottage Cheese...BUT it is calorie-free. 

That's what I have tonight, my friends. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *