Thursday, March 12, 2020

5 Beautiful Movies (30 Day Blogging Challenge)

It's Day Something of my 30 Day Blogging Challenge!



I did have a different post scheduled for today. I was going to share a few of my favorite outfits. However, I have been doing a bit of spring cleaning in my bedroom today and didn't get around to grabbing them out and getting pictures.

I'll get to it.

For now, I am going to share a completely escapist post. 5 Beautiful Movies.

As I write this, the world is overcome by a fear of the coronavirus. I'll talk more about some of my thoughts in a later post, but for now, I want to give you something completely mindless and random.

This will also give you a few more choices to add to your binge-watching list while you "self-contain."

You are welcome.

The movies I am about to post are some of my Favs. I love these beautiful movies for different reasons.  But mostly I love them because they are romantic and lovely and don't leave me worn out and frustrated.

Enchanted April 



Four English women, after World War I, who are unhappy with their lives, and their time away on vacation in a beautiful Italian villa.

I saw this movie when I was recovering at home from my car accident. I couldn't walk. I had just been through a near-death experience and I was all kinds of emotional. I couldn't tolerate high action movies. My senses just couldn't handle it. This movie was lovely and a balm. It is slow going for those who require a lot of bells and whistles. But I still watch it from time to time when I need a little beauty in my life.

The Man from Snowy River



In 1880s Australia, after young Jim Craig's father dies, Jim takes a job at the Harrison cattle ranch, where he is forced to become a man.

I first saw this movie when I was in Junior High. My siblings and I were spending the weekend with a close friend of my mom's and her family. She was a pharmacist and spoiled us kids with homemade sundaes and movie night. This was one of those movies. I don't know what my younger brother and sister thought of it...but I was enchanted.

The horse with young Jim on his back charging down the side of the mountain will give you goosebumps.

Funny Face 


An impromptu fashion shoot at a book store brings about a new fashion model discovery in the shop clerk. 

I could have chosen any of Audrey Hepburn movies. I have many favorites...however...this one also stars Fred Astaire. Dancing. Lots of dancing happens. And the fashion is exquisite.

Pride & Prejudice 



Sparks fly when spirited Elizabeth Bennet meets single, rich, and proud Mr. Darcy. But Mr. Darcy reluctantly finds himself falling in love with a woman beneath his class. Can each overcome his or her own pride and prejudice? 

This is the movie version (which cannot be confused with the television version with Colin Firth). Now I cannot express my deep love for that version of Pride & Prejudice. But it is longer and meant to enjoy in a binging situation. I had mixed emotions when I first saw the movie version with Keira Knightly. It is loverly. It's all the things. 

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society 



In the aftermath of  World War II, a writer forms an unexpected bond with the residents of Guernsey Island when she decides to write a book about their experiences during the war.

This is the movie adaptation (found on Netflix) of one of my favorite books. It doesn't completely cover all the books finest moments but it sure does a good job. Beautiful. Heartwarming. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *