Monday, March 16, 2020

Laugh! (30 Day Blog Challenge)

It's Day 17 of my 30 Day Blog Challenge



At this point, my blogging schedule has gone all willy nilly. 

Who knew just a few weeks ago that the world would be practicing "social distancing?" I try and do that as often as I can. Really.

Introverts all over the world aren't too worried about being bored. We are used to occupying ourselves without the benefit of other human beings. 

Now. If my wifi went out? If I couldn't binge-watch something completely random on Youtube (like real crime stories or obscure crocheting videos) then my life would become more complicated. 

But then...I do have that little library I have in my office. I always knew there would come a day when I would need to have my own personal store of books to read.  

This has really been anything unlike I have ever seen in my life. 

Even 9/11 didn't disrupt much of my personal life. It was horrible to see and plain heartbreaking. But I certainly didn't have to worry about stockpiling toilet paper. And it's important to put things in perspective. 

It's easy to get overwhelmed with the constantly changing situation. It can be really hard to keep up. 

I watched a really encouraging video today. It reminded us to laugh. 

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22

We all have different things that tickle our funny bone. 

The Muffin loves the old Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis movies. He will laugh until he cries. 

And I can't tell you why, but The God's Must Be Crazy is a movie that leaves me howling. I also enjoy some good British humor. 

The point is to laugh. And laugh often. 

This video has circulated around Facebook for a few years. Every time I see it I giggle. And I've seen it often. 


Everybody needs a little Elvis. And maybe a Cockatoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *