Thursday, March 19, 2020

When You Are BORED (30 Day Blog Challenge)

I don't remember posting yesterday for my 30 Day Blog Challenge. But I think this is Day 18!



Actually, who are we kidding? I can't remember what day this really is.

My days are dazed and confused.

We are currently watching Frozen 2 on Disney Plus.

Me and The Muffin.

I am going to make up a movie list we can enjoy during the evening. I am going to take matters into my own hands. Otherwise, I am going to get to old Packers game uploaded to Youtube. Or the entire JAG series. One. Episode. At. A. Time.

A girl's gotta do.

I still have plans to do some of the topics I listed on my 30 Day Blog Challenge page. I just need to get my act together.

Today I VACUUMED out my food pantry. Just because I could.

So do you want to hear about my superpower?

My superpower is being able to occupy myself for days on ends without outside stimulation.

There are a couple of reasons for this.

For one, I am an introvert.

The main reason, however, is that for the entirety of my childhood I was THREATENED with an overabundance of chores if I even hinted at the "B" word.

BORED.

Don't even look bored around my momma. She will give you a whole list of stuff to do that doesn't involve any kind of fun.

Guurrll. I know how to occupy myself. For reals.

Need to avoid that sink full of dirty dishes?

I'm your woman.

Another big reason for my superpower is that I have been forced into my own "self-quarantine" during several seasons of my life. Bad health forces you to sit a little more than you would like, at times.

It has allowed me to explore ideas and hobbies and topics that I don't personally have experience with. Or it allows me to follow rabbit trails that further my personal education and interests.

I do have a few rabbit trails that I have followed through the years that I would like to share with you. Maybe these ideas will spark something in you.

We can't have you BORED.

Did you know that you can watch Julia Child perform her culinary magic on Youtube?



A few years, I picked up the cookbook from her television show for .50 at a Goodwill. It's one of my favorites. Another good, basic cooking series is America's Test Kitchen. But you can't beat Julia Child. We still use her French Onion Soup recipe.

I love the Ballet. You can find countless complete performances from professional companies all over Youtube. I have subjected my guys to many ballet watch parties. But did you know that you can actually do a Barre workout or exercises from a real ballerina? Kathryn Morgan is a soloist for the Miami City Ballet and a former soloist with the NYC Ballet. Her story is incredible. She also is engaging and puts out a lot of content for ballet students AND there are workouts even I can do from my living room.

Let's face it. I just like pretending I'm a ballerina. Can I do all the things a ballerina can do? Not even close.


Have you heard of loom knitting? This might be one you need to get supplies for. I have ordered looms from Amazon and generally, Wal-mart has plenty of yarn and supplies. Start those projects for Christmas now.  There are tons of tutorials on Youtube. Here is an easy one for you to check out.


I'm making plans for a small container garden this year. I really want some herbs. I also know my ability to kill plants in containers is strong. So I'm getting ready to do a little research.

Research is my favorite.

This video looks like something that will give me some good tips for growing my herbs in mason jars. Maybe this is something that would interest you, as well.



This might be a good time to read that classic novel you have always wanted to read. My favorite book (evah) is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Audiobooks are a good way to "read", as well. A completely free source for audiobooks is Librivox.com. These are public domain books read by volunteers. Some of the recordings are better than others. But, hey. They are FREE. You can find one of the Jane Eyre audiobooks here if that is something you want to add to your list.

They also have a great selection of children's audiobooks. Currently, I get most of my audiobooks from Audible. You can also check out a list I created for some of my favorite audiobooks several years ago.


That is all I have for today, my friends!

I'll talk to you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *