Friday, July 7, 2023

Rest, Recovery, and The Farm

 It's been a minute. 

I should probably quit trying to think of a catchy opening and just stick with a tried and true. An oldie but goodie. 

It's been a minute. 

It's also been wild, ya'll! 

My friends. I have been in the hospital. Again! Shortly before Christmas, I was there for a Rona/Flu/Blood Pressure extravaganza. This time around, I caught some strange intestinal virus and ended up dehydrated and with crazy low blood pressure. One of my nurses is one that I had during my last go-around. Even she remembered my crazy blood pressure issues. Only with the Rona/Flu combo it was high blood pressure. 

I can't take myself anywhere.

At least this time I got to go spend a few weeks with my Momma. 

And it was bliss. I didn't do a whole lot. Mom made me strange tea concoctions and let me sleep as much as I could. 

This. This, my people, is why, at 51, I still need my Momma. 

A few nights I woke up to her making sure I was covered up. 

I would have happily stayed at The Farm the entirety of the summer, but...adulting. 

I meant to blog and record the whole happy farm experience. The best laid plans of mice and men...Frankly, I was too busy resting and drinking crazy tea concoctions.

I will share a few pics. One or two I actually took. The rest I shamelessly poached from Mom and my nephew, Chris. 

I'm in love. These girls are too precious. Mom and Dad recently had a chicken catastrophe so their numbers are few. There is another black hen but she was probably terrorizing a duck. 


I actually took this one. This is the view from their spectacular back deck. Of course, the truck is blocking some of the garden views. There is also a wounded lawn mower as part of the scenery. While we were there the boys harvested oodles of green beans and Mom put them up (canned them). I, myself, snapped a few before Mom sent me to my room with some tea and instructed me to take a nap. When can I go back? 


This boy. He's living his best life. Dad doesn't give up his lawn mowing duties easily. He takes the cutting of the grass very seriously. Josiah learned from the best. He whipped the mower 'cross hill and dale. Just look on at the expression on his face. 


This is Cousin Chris. Just over a year ago, we weren't sure what Chris' quality of life was going to be. He was in a car accident with my mom and dad. This boy is a walking miracle. He is a joy to be around. He is also every man. He is the chicken whisperer, expert weed picker, handyman, and stir fry maker. We tried to bring him home with us. His dad needed him. Shucky dern. 


I don't have any other pics to share. We did get to have lunch with aunts and uncles. That is always such a treasured time. This particular group contains two of my Dad's oldest sisters and their husbands. I wish I would have gotten a picture with all of them together. These are the most precious people you will ever meet...in your life. And I'm not kidding. A good time was had by all. 

I also got to spend time at my brother's house while the boys and Dad helped on a remodel project. One of my great agonies in life is being so far away from my family, which especially includes my nieces and nephews. They have grown up to be spectacular people. We didn't get to have Cousin Camp this year. Some of these people actually have full-time jobs! The nerve! Still others, have busy summers and are in between college semesters. My oldest niece was in the Dominican Republic on a missions trip during part of my visit. 

Of course, there were a few flea markets to visit. Surprisingly, I didn't buy very much on my trip. It's amazing how much energy is required to "shop 'til you drop." 

Well, that's all I can manage for tonight. There is a mystery book that is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *