Thursday, October 13, 2011

Look at the Birds

I've been working on a top secret project for my Mom. I can't tell you much about it. If I did you would have to move to Antarctica without your laptop or something. No one must know of my secret comings and goings. Actually, it just involves sitting behind the computer. Not much coming or going. Just sitting.

Anyhoo. As part of this top secret project I have had access to some of my Mom's best photos. She is a great photographer. I thought I would share some of these adorable pictures. She took all of these at their farm on Raccoon Road. Just looking at them makes me happy. And I need a little "happy" this week.


This guy looks a bit put out. Almost like "Okay, Lady. Enough with the picture taking."


And all the St. Louis Cardinal's fans said, "Hey." I think they won tonight. At least that is what my friends on Facebook are saying. And while they are a motley crew, they do know baseball.  Did you know that the Cardinal is not the state bird of Missouri? That would be the Blue Bird.




This, my friends, is a Morning Dove. And because I did not do my homework on identifying male/female Morning Doves, I will call this one a girl. 'Cause I feel like it. And I will name her Ethel. 'Cause I feel like it.
I love the little bit of fuzz or whatever on her beak.


 I think this is my fav. Now I can tell you that this is a lady Cardinal. God didn't make girl Cardinals (or some other birds) as bright and colorful as boys. But she's still pretty. I love the bit of snow that is on her beak. Makes me want to hand her a mug of hot chocolate and a snuggie.


When things are just a bit overwhelming or seem to be going wrong, it's good to put things in perspective.  I love what the Bible says in Matthew 6:26.

If you decide for God, living a life of God-worship, it follows that you don't fuss about what's on the table at mealtimes or whether the clothes in your closet are in fashion. There is far more to your life than the food you put in your stomach, more to your outer appearance than the clothes you hang on your body. Look at the birds, free and unfettered, not tied down to a job description, careless in the care of God. And you count far more to him than birds.

This is from The Message version of the Bible...which I think really lays it out there...and is what I need to hear right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *