Monday, February 6, 2012

Burn Baby Burn

We've all done it.

Well. Maybe not all of us.

Another Self Portrait by Josiah B.
I cleaned out my fridge this afternoon. I know it. I cleaned my oven last week. And colored my hair. But that is neither here or there.
While cleaning out my fridge (and buddy, did it need it) I found a bit of leftover bread (among other items which I am too ashamed to admit to). I can't tell you when I purchased it. Or what I used it for, but it was mold free and available. So I thought. Why not make some croutons? And why not share my crouton making method on my blog? 'Cause, after all, there are only a couple (or a trillion) recipes for homemade croutons on the Net.


I cut my bread in uniform pieces (you can even use shape cutters for some fun croutons).


See? Uniformish Shapes. Kinda.


I threw all my uniformish shapes into a bowl. Then I tossed them with olive oil, seasoned salt (I'm out of garlic salt), Parmesan cheese, black pepper and Italian seasoning...you can your favorite seasoning combinations. I used what I had.


Another bowl shot. My camera is on it's last leg. Currently it is being held together by duct tape. True Story. My picture taking has never been really great. Now I have an excuse. My camera is a mess.


So this is what happened. I put my croutons on my favorite Pampered Chef bar pan (which I have had for eons) in the oven at 350. Normally I always set a timer on my microwave. Oops. I might be the Queen of the Multi-Task, but even a Queen can have an off day now and again (mine seem to be happening more often)


Forgot completely about them. I won't tell you what I was doing while "waiting" for the croutons to crisp. But it had something to do with a Kindle.

I know, right?


And yet another self photo by my sweet baby boy.


2 comments:

  1. lol. Great post. And I love Josiah's self portrait reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's always good for a reaction! He's quite the ham :<)

    ReplyDelete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *