Monday, February 6, 2012

Meal Plan Monday - 2/6



I really need to go to bed. Instead I am attempting to rid The Studly Muffin's computer of Malware. Whoever does all this Malware stuff should be drawn and quartered. I mean it. Or at least made to eat jello with chopsticks. My email also got hacked. So this all ranks up there with "you got to be kidding me." I've had a lot of those moments lately.
If you are a regular reader..(and I seriously thank all 3 of you that are)...you might have noticed I am in what seems to be a Mid-Winter Funk. Which is not out of the ordinary for this time of year for me. I am afraid I can be one of those "artsy fartsy" types whose mood changes with the seasons/hormones/or a good episode of Downtown Abbey. I am not so moody or melancholic....just a little crazy. And normally happily so.

Anyhoo. This time of year is pretty rough on my bones and joints and whatever I pulled, broke or tore whenever I had that nasty carwreck all those years ago. I have said this before, but I never could have imagined how one instant could affect the quality of my life...for the rest of my life. Winter seems to make all those pins and screws turn a little tighter.

There are all kinds of I can't change. But there are some changes I can make. I decided that this week I going to use recipes that have a pretty good amount of veggies in the main dish. That is one small change I can make. We eat veggies...I just want to increase our veg consumption.

So here's my Menu for the week:

Monday: Eggplant Parmesan. I found some lovely Japanese Eggplant at the whole foods store for a really good price. I also have some fresh mozzarella I got marked down last week. The recipe I am using is from one of my favorite lite sites. To be honest Josiah will not love this dish. But he loves salad and I will make him a little pasta to have with a few bites of Eggplant.

Tuesday: Oven Fried Fish, Baked Potatoes & Coleslaw. This is going to be a swim team day. So I want something that I can prepare pretty quickly. Plus, Josiah loves baked potatoes & slaw.

Wednesday: Chili with Cornbread Dumplings. This is church night! Which means I need something easy. This is a new recipe, but it looked super simple.  I'll post it if I like it.

Thursday: Chicken Marsala.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it. This particular recipe is a little lighter and a little easier than traditional Marsala. I also have some zucchini I got pretty expensively so I want to make as much yummy stuff as I can with them. I plan on making Roasted Zucchini with my chicken. I will also serve some whole wheat pasta. Probably.

Friday:  Beef & Broccoli with steamed rice. Fridays are our family nights. And unless I can talk The Studly Muffin into splurging on some Chinese Takeout this will be supper. Which is really okay with me. I love this recipe and it's really easy. And if I am so inclined I will make Egg Drop Soup.

Saturday: Mystery Meal. We are going to be at my parents so your guess is as good as mine. Sometimes I cook for them.

Sunday: Leftovers & Eat Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *