Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Need

Those of you who read my blog faithfully know that when I was in my early 20's I had a near fatal car accident. It was life altering to say the least.
I...
Crushed my left hip
Fractured my right femur
Fractured my sternum
Fractured my pelvis
Fractured a number of ribs
Suffered a heart contusion

The dash board permanently moved my  right knee cap and my left shoulder. Even the hollow of my neck was transformed forever. All these years later I still have soft tissue damage covering my torso.

And it has been suggested that my battle with cardiomyopathy (with 2 episodes of near fatal heart failure) came about because of the heart contusion.

I am blessed. I survived that wreck. I was able to walk again (be it after intense physical therapy).

This past weekend I learned that the 19-year-old son of The Old Schoolhouse publishers (Paul and Gena Suarez) was in a terrible motorcycle accident. I have been a reviewer for The Old Schoolhouse this past year and have been so blessed to be a part of this ministry.

The staff of TOS are gathering funds to help the Suarez family with expenses. I can't begin to tell you how costly an accident of this nature is. My hospital bills were astronomical...even beyond what our insurance covered.

You can learn more about how you can help here.

More than monetary I ask that you consider lifting Levi Suarez up in prayer. I understand too well the road of recovery he has before him. I am praying that God covers his family with perfect peace. You must know that the next few hours, days and months are going to be filled with challenges...but they are also going to be filled with an awesome testimony of God's faithfulness and provision.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *