Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A TOS Review: Koru Naturals

It was a happy day when this little box arrived at my door.



I mostly spend my time reviewing educational curriculum or books.  This time around I was blessed to review magic in the form of Emu Oil and Pure Lanolin Lip Balms from Koru Naturals.



Koru Naturals produce gentle and top-quality skin and hair care products. They are inspired by the natural remedies of beautiful New Zealand. One of their signature products is Emu Oil.



And what is this Emu Oil of which I speak? Emu Oil is a natural product containing vitamins, minerals and the essential fatty acids Omega 3 and 6. It is a traditional Australian Aboriginal natural oil and is touted to have all manner of healing properties.
The Emu Oil contains no preservatives or additives. It can be used as a moisturizer or hair conditioner. It can also be used as an all-body treatment.

Josiah and I have issues. You probably guesed that. The issues I’m talking about, however,  have nothing to do with any quirky habits or inclinations. Not only do I have sensitive, dry skin, but I have Rosacea as well. I have to be very particular and careful what I use on my face.  Overall, my skin tends to be flaky and chapped. I deal with cracked and bleeding hands and feet, especially in the winter.  

Josiah has very dry skin, as well. It is compounded by the fact that he is in on a swim team and in chlorine several days a week. He has literally scratched himself until he has scarred.

Before

I was curious. Would Emu Oil quench and heal his thirsty skin? Would it irritate my Rosacea? Could I use it as a facial moisturizer?

Josiah had tremendous results.

I realize that it looks like Josiah just got a tan. I had different lightning. This is actually more of Josiah's skin tone, but you can sure see the difference! He hasn't been scratching! 


So our stash of Emu Oil went further, I had him apply a small amount every day after he got out of the pool (after a shower). I was surprised how quickly his skin seemed to perk up.

Now I had similar results with my skin, but I did have a bit of set back with my Rosacea. It had nothing to do with the Emu Oil. In fact, the Emu Oil turned out to be a miracle product. I tried a product to remove my makeup one night that someone had given me. That was a bad mistake. I woke up in the morning with a red and completely inflamed face. It was swollen and puffy. Generally, it can take weeks and weeks for my skin to recover from such a bad reaction. Instead, the Emu Oil calmed it almost immediately. It took several days for the puffiness to leave, but I can tell you that it had a remarkable effect. I am anxious to continue to see if it, in fact, reduces the general redness of my face.

The Emu Oil itself is thin and easily applied. I found that a little dab will do ‘ya. If it feels greasy you probably have used too much.

I also got to review the Pure Lanolin Lip Balm. I especially requested the Lip Balm for Josiah. Poor guy.



The Lip Balm is 100% Pure Anhydrous Lanolin Lip Balm. It is wind, water and sun resistant. It is also resilient.  Frankly, I needed something that would stand up to the chlorine. Josiah’s lips look painful most of the time.

Before. Do you see that mustache? I can't stand it! He should only be 3...not 13!

This Lip Balm is really thick. Josiah really didn’t like wearing it. It feels heavy and he doesn’t like the feel of anything on his hands or laps. However, Momma held fast and Josiah continued to use it.

After. And much better! 

His lips look so much better! I still have to chase after him to use it, but he has asked for a tube a few times. I think he is realizing how much better his lips feel. I used it as well. I found that I love applying it before bed. I sleep with a C-Pap machine and sometimes I’m exposed to a little air leakage. It has left my usually winter plagued lips soft and healthy.

There are some really nice products at Koru Naturals. I have my eye on a few more things to try. Other members of the TOS Crew reviewed a few different things. Click on the banner to read more reviews!








Connect with Koru Naturals! 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/korunaturals
Pinterest:https://www.pinterest.com/korunaturals/


Koru Naturals Review



No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *