Thursday, April 27, 2017

Random Thoughts - Legal Alien

Hi, my friends.

It's been a while since I've posted a "Random Thoughts" post.

Frankly, it's been better off that way. Most of my thoughts haven't been coherent. 😎

1. Today I am one step closer to being a legal driver in the state of Indiana. I am now (applaud now) a LEGAL citizen of the United States. I received a brand new, sparkly copy of my birth certificate...it's actually a U.S Consular Report of a Birth Abroad. Very fancy. And I got a copy of my marriage license...I'm legally wed after 25 years. Then earlier this week, I got a new Social Security card.

I thought my next step was to go down to the BMV (Indiana's version of the DMV) and get my Driver's License. Woo Woo! But when I got there I found out a needed a clearance letter from Missouri. 4 tips later (and I'm not kidding) the request for the clearance letter is in the mail.

I'm hoping that any day now I'll be able to stroll into that BMV and come right back out again with a honest, to goodness Indiana Driver's License.

You know what I'm going to do after that? Get a library card. I've got my priorities, after all.

Just in case you don't know what in the world I am talking about...just after we moved to Indiana I lost every bit of legal identification I have. I am not sure how, but I have my suspicions. AND because I was born in a foreign country and had moved to another state it has made everything so much more difficult to restore.

Back to business.

2. Amongst all that loveliness, I had a very, very good blood sugar reading today. So lovely, in fact, I treated myself to a frozen cupcake from my freezer. Why I thought that was a good idea? I don't know. I did tell on myself. The Studly Muffin wasn't so impressed.

I have been going to water aerobics classes at our local high school. I have mostly been the youngest gal there. My friends. There are things in that locker room I have seen that I cannot ever unsee. Will I ever find the freedom to walk "freely" about the locker room when I am in my 70's? I doubt it. Too much information? Probably so.

3. Josiah has a group of admirers from across the street. One tried to nab his phone number. I vacillated from feeling sorry for the little girl (rejection is hard!) to growing horns and a unholy growl. I tried to talk to Josiah about how to handle that kind of attention. He's got his heart set on marrying Shakira (true story) that I hope we are safe for now. I've also had to have a few of THOSE kind of conversations.

I am not ready for this. I am not ready for this. I am not ready for this.

4. This weekend The Muffin is on a retreat. He just left this evening. Josiah thinks we are going to wander around eating at Fast Food restaurants and hang out at the mall. He has it all planned out. When I told him that I needed to clean house and that he needed to catch up on some school work he looked at me like I had taken away his last chicken nugget.

What?

Say it isn't so?

The boy should know me by now. His daddy is his run around buddy. Not me.

5. The weather can't make up its mind. Yesterday felt like an early summer day. Today it's just mad.

That's all I have for now! I have a review to write and a couple of books to read! Before cleaning house :<)


2 comments:

  1. I also need to replace my birth certificate and mine is the same way. How do I go about replacing it? I don't even know who to contact. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, I'm sorry I was so late in responding. I followed the instructions given to me at this site. https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/abroad/events-and-records/birth/replace-or-amend-consular-report-of-birth-abroad.html

      Delete

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *